safe foods

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    in…..to learn about unsafe foods….
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    what's your favourite safe foods ? :)

Dark chocolate for me is safer for those around me ;)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    tumblr_mfbpc2DAs31rm0lydo1_250.gif
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Peanut butter is safe for dogs..... Wait
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    boiled egg
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    people with EDs refer to certain foods as 'safe' food usually they are fibrous vegetables or something like no fat yoghurt or whatever helps them to pretend they are eating all day whilst not actually taking in any substantial calories

OP: if you start to think of safe food it's time to seek professional help
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    oops. double post.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    people with EDs refer to certain foods as 'safe' food usually they are fibrous vegetables or something like no fat yoghurt or whatever helps them to pretend they are eating all day whilst not actually taking in any substantial calories

OP: if you start to think of safe food it's time to seek professional help

Yep. Exactly. "Safe foods" is an eating disorder term...
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    ... any food I can log easily and quickly; I really like food.

"safe" = feeling confident that the nutrition info is fairly correct so I can log it! Sadly, this may mean may on occasion that a packaged food feels "safer" than a homemade dinner that someone else prepared or anything not from a chain.
    This seems so self limiting.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    tumblr_mfbpc2DAs31rm0lydo1_250.gif

Damn, that's evil. I think I love you.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Hmm... the notion of "safe foods" is part of disordered eating. Like, foods that don't make you anxious, or feel fat. Not sure this is the place for this topic.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Safe foods? Safe for what........... Food sensitivities .........................................................................

Probably there are no truly safe foods for absolutely everyone in every situation. Have you ever looked for a safe, safe food listing for all.

You can guess I am totally hacked of with salicylate, soy and other, stuff

By the way I do not have an "eating disorder" my family will tell you I LOVE FOOD. I hate the real PAIN, and other Chronic health issues that I can fall fowl to and don't get me started on the effects of perfume etal

Also this is a subjective area because it relates to the individual and as I was told by my immunologist WE ARE AT THE EDGE OF SCIENCE
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Cacao.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Triple grande, 3 pump white mocha, non fat, no whip!

Everyone around me is safe when I have one because I am no longer cranky :drinker:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Triple grande, 3 pump white mocha, non fat, no whip!

Everyone around me is safe when I have one because I am no longer cranky :drinker:

You. You I like.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I am going to assume (probably correctly) that OP suffers from an eating disorder. And by safe foods, She means foods youve deemed ok to eat. Like some anorexics will pick white bread and oranges as safe foods. But others its eggs and apples. For random example.

OP, if you do have an eating disorder, please seek help.
    Do not let this disease ruin your life.

That was my initial thought as well. Please, OP, seek help. Food is neither safe nor unsafe, and holding onto the idea that some foods are is disaster.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    wine
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Any food that doesn't own a gun. They're safe
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Safe foods is a term used by people with eating disorders...
    Stay strong!

All food is good for you
  • I know what she means..... Favorite Safe food: Healthy to eat and tastes great. We all have an eating disorder of sorts or we wouldn't be on myfitnesspal. I wish I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted, but I can't. We have diabetes in our family and I have to maintain to survive a healthy future. There is no moderation in that. My body just reacts to foods differently then those who can enjoy eating anything they want.

So in this case my safe food is all unprocessed organic foods. No chemicals are added and I am able to eat a lot of it and stay healthy. Doesn't leave much for a very favorite but seeds and nuts added to my vegetables does the trick. I really like chicken and fish too.