weight lifting results for women plz!

Replies

• mtwex
    mtwex Posts: 4
    bump for motivation!! you all look amazing!!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Hello! About a year of lifting. Scale has gone down about 10lbs but I see way more of a difference than I did when I lost that much before lifting! I was a cardio queen before but now I do a healthy mix of both and eat MORE!

GR8R8ZNl.jpg

JcNCXHGl.jpg

gXyGn19l.jpg?1

y9YYWNcl.jpg?1

10 lbs?? That is awesome results!

Thanks for sharing everyone! I am about a month in for NRL4W and I am really trying to focus on inches lost rather than pounds and it is such a hard thing to do! :p But this has helped re-inforce the fact that it truely is inches lost, and how your feel rather than the number on the scale! Thank you!

Good luck to everyone in your continued fitness goals!!
  • I love going through this post. You all are phenomenal!
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Bump
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Awesome thread!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Some recent pics:

Strong legs
    Quads-1.jpg

And a super bulky rear
    Glutes.jpg
  • ironchick84
    ironchick84 Posts: 27 Member
    Bumping
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    I only started lifting 8 weeks ago, about to start week 9 of Stronglifts. You can see in my profile pictures my results so far. I'm fitting into clothes now at 127.5lbs that I used to fit into when I was 115lbs.
  • Inspiring
  • bbd28
    bbd28 Posts: 3
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • Bump
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    bump
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    In response to post from DrMAvDPhD

Good grief woman, I don't know how you get around having to carry that bulky bot behind you!

Looking forward to when I'm that bulky......

Great job and lovely legs too.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Bumping for later
  • Bump
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    <
    Been lifting for little over year now and wished I started sooner. :ohwell:
  • collage2.jpg

I lost most of my weight with cardio (did use some light dumbbells and a little Pilates over the years as well) and started lifting heavy last April. Injured myself in August and just started back last week.

Awesome transformation!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    <----20 months of heavy lifting. Down 40lbs and 5 sizes (from a 16 to 6). I am wearing smaller clothes than when I was 15lbs lighter. I've had cellulite since I was 12 and it is nearly gone. Wish I had started lifting years ago.
  • <----20 months of heavy lifting. Down 40lbs and 5 sizes (from a 16 to 6). I am wearing smaller clothes than when I was 15lbs lighter. I've had cellulite since I was 12 and it is nearly gone. Wish I had started lifting years ago.

That's incredible! Is there a specific program you do?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!