I think I just invented a diet

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    sorry to piss on your fireworks but you're not the first person to discover 'eating at a deficit' for weight loss....

:laugh:
  • sorry to piss on your fireworks but you're not the first person to discover 'eating at a deficit' for weight loss....

^^^^ !!!!!!!!!!! =)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    I have this new invention. It's kind of like a circle and it rolls . . .
  • SunofaBeach14
    lol no need for all this sarcasm..

a lot of people can't make deficits for 1 simple reason..they love food.

I just wanted to declare that exercise can be enough for people with a huge appetite.

Aaaaaaand this is where your completely new and exciting master plan goes off the rails. Because it's the opposite, really. Exercise will not be enough for a person with a huge appetite.

I'm a prime example. As a large, very active male, i have tons of days where my maintenance would be 4000 calories. A quick peek at my diary would show that I can also easily eat 4500 calories on those days.

In order to be consistent, a weight loss plan has to focus on diet over exercise, ESPECIALLY if a person has a large appetite

QFT

As the cliche goes, you cannot out exercise a bad diet.
  • bbokai
    bbokai Posts: 5 Member
    sorry to piss on your fireworks but you're not the first person to discover 'eating at a deficit' for weight loss....
    Where oh where is the 'like' button when you need one?!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Will this diet work without expensive supplements?
  • I don't understand this unsupportive environment on MFP..

everyone consider themselves to be doctors/nutritionists and gym trainers..

if you have nothing NICE to say..I appreciate it if you refrain from commenting.thank you in advance
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I don't understand this unsupportive environment on MFP..

if you have nothing NICE to say..I appreciate it if you refrain from commenting.thank you in advance

I remember Sauron wanted to rule over Middle Earth.

Don't tell me you've gone soft in retirement?
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member

Well you said you "invented" a diet in first place :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    You lie! You lying liar! You're just trying to steal the OP's idea for your own!

well if a bunch of Hobbits and some old greasy wizard could beat me..sure as hell I'm not gonna do good on MFP forums with all these judgmental folks around here..
  • SunofaBeach14

well if a bunch of Hobbits and some old greasy wizard could beat me..sure as hell I'm not gonna do good on MFP forums with all these judgmental folks around here..

Wait. Sauron wasn't a troll . . .
  • sorry to piss on your fireworks but you're not the first person to discover 'eating at a deficit' for weight loss....
    I'm stealing that one! :laugh: :drinker:

I don't see how I am considered a troll..what did I do exactly?
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Interesting post history, Sauron. You're the poster child for supportiveness, aren't you?
  • SunofaBeach14

I don't see how I am considered a troll..what did I do exactly?

Against my better judgment, I'll bite. Look, you're getting mild and good natured grief from other posters because you posted that you "invented" a new diet when what you really did is find a way of thinking about your diet that seems to work for you. You can either choose to be offended, or learn to laugh at yourself and move on. I find the latter much more effective for long-term happiness.

That is if you're not trolling here for a "mean people suck" thread. It's the internet and you have no profile so hard to tell . . .
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    commerical_kid.gif
  • I didn't ask for you to stick your nose up my profile..mind your own business
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member

Seriously though, you've got a bit of good-natured ribbing. I don't know why you have to get all defensive about it. Just have a chuckle at yourself and move on with your day!

Seriously though, you've got a bit of good-natured ribbing. I don't know why you have to get all defensive about it. Just have a chuckle at yourself and move on with your day!

you're absolutely right..I'll choose my words more carefully for next times