I think I just invented a diet

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I didn't ask for you to stick your nose up my profile..mind your own business

Lol.
    Hypocrisy.

Didn't you write?
    I don't mean no disrespect OP..but everything you've been saying on this thread is downright cheesy and pointless..
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Not sure if this thread is going to be popcorn worthy?

Dilemmas ...
  • RevWirth
    RevWirth Posts: 14 Member
    A lot of mean on this one. Sigh.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    I don't understand this unsupportive environment on MFP..

everyone consider themselves to be doctors/nutritionists and gym trainers..

if you have nothing NICE to say..I appreciate it if you refrain from commenting.thank you in advance

I'm so sorry that you're offended, but this is an open forum and everyone is welcome to comment. There are knowledgeable people commenting on your "invention" and although a deficit is imperative to losing, as SOAB said "You can not out exercise a bad diet".
  • Not sure if this thread is going to be popcorn worthy?

Dilemmas ...

lol no save the calories trust me..this misunderstanding is over.
  • I don't understand this unsupportive environment on MFP..

if you have nothing NICE to say..I appreciate it if you refrain from commenting.thank you in advance

I'm so sorry that you're offended, but this is an open forum and everyone is welcome to comment. There are knowledgeable people commenting on your "invention" and although a deficit is imperative to losing, as SOAB said "You can not out exercise a bad diet".

eating at sedentary TDEE is not a bad diet..as long as you keep your TDEE active though..

and for me saying that was an invention..lol you're right that sounded cocky.it's not an invention.only an idea. but I defintely don't deserve to be bashed because of it as I'm sure many might find it helpful
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    From a thread about who people's body inspiration is, from the OP of this thread:
    gee that's a tough one..

I'd go with John Goodman or Kathy Bates

I think troll is accurate. (And I love John and Kathy.)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    I don't understand this unsupportive environment on MFP..

eating at sedentary TDEE is not a bad diet..as long as you keep your TDEE active though..

and for me saying that was an invention..lol you're right that sounded cocky.it's not an invention.only an idea. but I defintely don't deserve to be bashed because of it as I'm sure many might find it helpful

...but it's not a new idea either.

Edit: Also, if you're eating at a sedentary TDEE, but you're really active... it's all back to the same concept of a calorie deficit for weight loss.
  • From a thread about who people's body inspiration is, from the OP of this thread:
    gee that's a tough one..

lol it's a joke..being serious all the time is not healthy..doesn't mean I'm a troll or like to offend people
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    From a thread about who people's body inspiration is, from the OP of this thread:
    gee that's a tough one..

lol it's a joke..being serious all the time is not healthy..doesn't mean I'm a troll or like to offend people

No. Being a troll and liking to offend people makes you a troll who likes to offend people.

Tomato Tomahto
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    gee that's a tough one..

No. Being a troll and liking to offend people makes you a troll who likes to offend people.

Tomato Tomahto
    Plus jokes are usually funny.
  • math.

how do it work pls tell me numberz wtf magic
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Sounds like a diluted G-Flux /High Energy Flux program.

In essence, eat a lot but train a lot. It does create good outcomes in terms of performance and body composition.

The issue is that it means a lot of time devoted to exercise which must be done consistently so it probably won't be suitable for the majority of people.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    ok maybe It's not an invention but here's the main idea.

1-you eat at maintenance everyday
    2-you work out/cardio/walk/run whatever you want,and burn 500 to 1000 kcal a day (depends of the ratio of loss you want)
    3-if you want to lose extra eat only 10% under maintenance.no big deal

let's consider a TDEE of 2000 kcal
    you can burn 500 kcal daily (which is realistic) which leaves you with 3500 kcal burn weekly=1 pound loss
    if you eat 10% under TDEE you'll eat daily around 1800 kcal (which is great)
    that's another 1500 kcal burn (circa)
    all in all that's a 5000 kcal burn weekly=20,000 monthly which means..20,000/3500=about 6 pounds monthly (which is good)

If that works for you, that's great. Everybody has their own way of doing things. Some eat less, some exercise more, some do both. As long as you have an overall calorie deficit, you're golden! Good luck!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

2-you work out/cardio/walk/run whatever you want,and burn 500 to 1000 kcal a day (depends of the ratio of loss you want)

you can burn 500 kcal daily (which is realistic) which leaves you with 3500 kcal burn weekly=1 pound loss
    all in all that's a 5000 kcal burn weekly=20,000 monthly which means..20,000/3500=about 6 pounds monthly (which is good)

Actually no offense but if you eat at maintenance every day... You'll maintain. You probably meant 'eat at maintenance level as if you were sedentary' as 1.

Fail.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member

Now that you've invented this, maybe you can create a device... a round device... that people can use to roll around with instead of having to walk or run great distances. I always thought it would look something like this -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2IdLByJDfl2kFlJ6B_RUoVMb-Rf1XN9sU2dZX0f28gwTI7xE-
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    80% what goes in your mouth and 20% exercise. That is the weight loss equation. You cannot out run/out exercise a bad diet. The quality of food that goes in matters just as much as the amount. It's ok to treat yourself every once in a while just not every day. Do cardio and weights 4-5 days a week. Rest 2 days. Keep the diet on track on all days.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    80% what goes in your mouth and 20% exercise. That is the weight loss equation. You cannot out run/out exercise a bad diet. The quality of food that goes in matters just as much as the amount. It's ok to treat yourself every once in a while just not every day. Do cardio and weights 4-5 days a week. Rest 2 days. Keep the diet on track on all days.

Weight loss is 100% calorie deficit, which can be controlled 100% by what goes in your mouth. Maintain an intake below your TDEE and you will lose weight.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Lets not make this complicated. To lose weight you need to create an energy deficit or in other words your body has less calories going in then going out.

You can create said energy deficit by:

1) diet alone
    2) exercise alone
    3) a combination of diet and exercise

Most people opt for 3. Why? Because 1 can be difficult as it means a drop in food intake which people feel uncomfortable with and 2 means a large amount of time devoted to exercising which people feel uncomfortable with.

3 tends to be the middle ground with a manageable reduction of food intake and a manageable increase in exercise.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    A rose by any other name is still a rose.

To lose weight: Create a calorie deficit. You can do this by diet or by exercise, or by a combination of the both. If you have the time and the body mass to burn 1,000 calories a day in exercise, go for it. That isn't feasible for most people.