5ft5 women, size 10 jean or size 8?

kinsa2
kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
Hey everyone, I am currently at 66kg and i am wearing a fit size 12 on the bottom. My goal used to be a size 10 jean but I am now confused as to whether I would look better at a size 8 or 10. So if those ladies at a height of 5 ft 5 and an hourglass shape (it doesnt matter if u dont, but its only because you know that we have larger thighs naturally so i can get a better picture) could please post pictures of them in trousers at size 10 or 8 please. Sorry if it sounds kind of wierd but i just dont want to end up going to a size 8 then regretting it. please help :)

Replies

• unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    I'm 5'6" and currently a size 10, and I started out as a 14 and thought I'd be happy with a 10 but am now shooting for an 8. I think I look good, but I still am not comfortable in a swim suit and want to be able to show off the muscle that still hiding under some flab.
  • erinj16
    erinj16 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm the same height & teeter between 8 & 10, depending on the jean. (See profile pics)
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    I'm 55" and in a 16 right now, but I'm also a firm believer in don't pay attention to the size. If a 12 looks better then wear it. Its not about the number that's printed on the inside, Its about how you feel. I'm not happy with what my "size" reads, but I always make sure that I look good in it. You will also find that an 8,10,12 between designers is different. I can wear a 14 in some styles and not in others. That being said, I think a cut that shows your curves is always best!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Uk or American 8/10?
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    I'm 5'6, and I wear a 4 or a 6 depending on brand. My goal is a 2.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 553 Member
    may I suggest....
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html#.UwPPXci9yP8

Great little site there :) Also it's hard to tell because honestly it's all about how you carry your weight and (most importantly) what you feel comfortable with. Check out that site though!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    well... i'm 5'5" and i'm wearing a 6. I was getting in a 4, so I modified my intake to try to keep at a 6
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    well... i'm 5'5" and i'm wearing a 6. I was getting in a 4, so I modified my intake to try to keep at a 6

my biggest size back in the day was 18
  • I'm 5'6, and I wear a 4 or a 6 depending on brand. My goal is a 2.

I am normally a 4 or 6 as well (5'5" tall). I was a 2 sometimes as well before I had my daughter! :) I was up to a size 14 at my heaviest though back when I was in high school.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Uk or American 8/10?

Yeah, when you gave your weight in Kg I wondered. I am 5'5" and a snug American 12 when I started. I thought I'd be happy at a 10 but am now a 6. Sorry, I don't have any full-body pictures to post. But I am considered an hour-glass.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    I am between 5'4-5'5 and weigh 140. I'm in a US 8. Maybe a 10 if they run small. Last pair of pants I bought were size 8 and they are on the verge of loose, so... who knows...I'm a 6, 8, OR 10. LOL Clothing sizes are ridiculous.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I am 5'5" and mostly wear a US size 8. I have big hips (pear shaped) so really narrow cuts without elastic I might wear a 10.

I'm happy with a size 8. I wouldn't mind dropping down to a size 6, but I really don't know if I can do that without dropping my total BF% lower than I'd like.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I think it all depends on your bone structure. I'm average build and was very happy in an 8...working my way back there :)
  • Im 5'9.5 and a size 9 was perfect for my hourglass shape. Maybe a size 6 would look good on you are a little shorter than me
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Thanks for all the feedback, those who are size 10 and at 5ft 5, what weight are you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!