would you date fat girl/guy ?
    Yup. I date people, not physiques.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Yup. I date people, not physiques.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    I wouldn't have dated my (now) husband if he was fat...but if he get's fat now or in the future I wont be going anywhere
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    I don't think so. I have been fat, very fat, in fact, but I'm not now. And I'm not because of all the physical things I enjoy doing. Someone who is fat isn't going to be able to do the things I like to do.

I wouldn't leave someone I loved who became fat though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    my husband probably wouldnt like it if i dated fat guys... or thin guys...
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    After being overweight and losing it, I've come to realise that it's a lifestyle issue, not a 'shallow looks' issue. Could I find myself attracted to somebody overweight? Of course! But lifestyle is going to play a part at some point and it has got in the way in previous relationships.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I actually prefer men/women who are on the chubby side. So yes.
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member

Just wondering why you would post the same topic after you just replied to the fat/skinny post that's up?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    ............why is this even a question? Are you expecting everyone here to be shallow???
    Just because someone loses weight doesn't mean they turn shallow..
  • I would want to date someone who is at least as active as I am. It is important to me to be able to engage in outdoor activities with me. To take the dogs for runs, go on hikes etc. Weight wouldn't matter so much as long as that person was striving to live a healthy lifestyle...chances are that this would limit anyone who is very overweight but not someone who is mildly overweight.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    My man is 6'4 and almost twice my weight. I don't really care that he's a big guy, he's cuddly and awesome (and our sex life is amazing). We're both working on losing weight but even if neither of us lost another pound it wouldn't make a difference in how excited I am to spend the rest of my life with him (though the sex life part gets even better as you lose weight, I've heard :wink: )
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    I wouldn't want to date myself, so... don't think I could
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Yes I would as long as he is intelligent and loving.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Define fat...

I prefer someone who shares my values and interests, which lean more towards fitness and health. I don't need or want perfection or anything even close to it, but I do appreciate someone who makes the effort to take care of himself. On the opposite end, I wouldn't be interested in someone who was overly obsessed with fitness and health, either. Most important is a person's character (and I suppose part of that character could include how they respect themselves and their health.) I don't think it's shallow AT ALL to seek out someone who shares your lifestyle and values. :flowerforyou:

To each, his own. :drinker:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    A little overweight, sure, that's possible. A lot overweight, I am very unlikely to find them attractive.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    yszfW.jpg
    Lmao. Love it!
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Posting the same topics over and over again - obsessed or troll?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I don't think so. I have been fat, very fat, in fact, but I'm not now. And I'm not because of all the physical things I enjoy doing. Someone who is fat isn't going to be able to do the things I like to do.

I wouldn't leave someone I loved who became fat though.

This