Can you shower with an HRM???

Hi everyone! Can we shower with an HRM on and with the chest strap on too? I am trying to wear it for a 24 hour periord at first, but want to jump in the shower and was hoping I wouldn't have to take it off. Thanks!!!

Oh, my heart rate seems to be running between 56 & 68 most of the time while I am just sitting around. The normal is 72 I think. Do you think my numbers are ok?

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Hi everyone! Can we shower with an HRM on and with the chest strap on too? I am trying to wear it for a 24 hour periord at first, but want to jump in the shower and was hoping I wouldn't have to take it off. Thanks!!!

Oh, my heart rate seems to be running between 56 & 68 most of the time while I am just sitting around. The normal is 72 I think. Do you think my numbers are ok?
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    If it is waterproof you can. I have the polar f6 and it is waterproof.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    If it says waterproof, you should be ok--or just take it off for the few minutes you'll shower and put back on. that can't make a difference of more than a few calories give or take.

On your HR, sounds great to me! Wish mine was that low. Mine is 64 resting. Used to be 92 when I started in April :sick:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Great! I have the F6. Can you all tell me something about the 60-70% weight burning range. I figured my 60-70% with the formula and came up with HR of 137-149. But, when I was setting the settings on the HRM, in OwnZone, it had me choose, Light, Moderate, Heavy, something like that. But the light, that the manual said was for weight loss actually had the HR at 104-117. It was way off of where the formula said I should keep my HR for weight loss. Am I doing it wrong? How do you know which level to choose in OwnZone???

Thank you!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    It depends...How deep is your shower? :huh:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Not deep enough! I could really go for a hot tub!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: