What can I do with Honey dews?

Husband wanted to support my clean diet...and ended up buying few fruit platters last weekend.

While I truly enjoyed eating already-cut fruits all week (I know I am lazy :-p lol), but I still have one huuuge unopened Del monte fresh honey dew platter.

I don't think I can finish it and will hate to waste it? Any ideas what I can do with it...other than eating it as raw fruit :)

Thanks

Replies

• Can I freeze it to make smoothie or something later?

Call me ignorant...but I am not sure if honey dews will make a good smoothie. Hmm...I am looking online while typing this :)
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    There are 'fruit soup' recipes online. Melons are popular. Those are summer soups though like gazpacho. But I eat frozen yogurt in winter I make myself.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Give it to your neighbor.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Throw it out

2cpyn0o.gif
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Just deliver it to me !!! :)

FReeze it :)
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Juice it?
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Yes, it will freeze for future smoothie use. You can use it as part of a fruit salad. Epicurious is free and has loads of great ideas such as this one for honedew with lime and coconut. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Honeydew-Melon-in-Coconut-Milk-106918
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    You can definitely freeze it to make smoothies! I bought a big bag of frozen fruit from Costco to make smoothies with... it had pineapple, peaches, cantaloupe, grapes and honeydew in it, made some of the best smoothies :)
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    wrap it in prosciutto and eat it as a snack. So good that way
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Put it in a food processor, juice it, and then freeze in an ice cube tray. We do this with watermelon, too.

Once frozen, you can add to water and drink.

Or, you can then put the cubes in a blender (either let them thaw just a few minutes or add some fresh juice) and blend. Fresh fruit icee. OM NOM NOM
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    tumblr_m806h3Z7HY1rs1aer.gif

Get it a new assistant.
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    If you're going to freeze it, it works best to freeze as chunks. From trial and error making baby food purees, I've found it is not one of the better freezing fruits in "liquid" state. When you want to use the frozen chunks later, just puree them straight from their frozen state for smoothies.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    I like to wrap it with prosciutto. It's sweet, salty and delicious!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    For some reason, I am not crazy about honeydew mixed with milks or other fruits in a smoothie. I like honeydew thrown in the blender with JUST ice and maybe a bit of water to get the right consistency (thin) and it's more like a honeydew "juice" even though it's icy. I actually LOVE this.

We got a huge honeydew just this week and I chopped it all up and my husband and I have been enjoying a small bowl of the chunks each morning with our breakfast. I pair mine with coffee and an egg taco (small flour tortilla, fried egg, splash of chipotle dressing). SUPER good at around 220 cal for the entire breakfast.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    If you are trying to stay away from just eating the fruit or juicing it...google: savory honeydew recipes- they have an amazing grilled shrimp and honeydew gazpacho recipe!