DUDE I am SOOOOOOOOO hungry today!!!!!

I have my calorie intake basically worked out since I've been doing this awhile now, but today I had my normal breakfast and now I'm STARVING!!! I ate most of my exercise calories yesterday, I had about 200 left but only 1 carb so I just went to bed. I had oatmeal for breakfast as usual. Now I want a snack DESPERATELY and I'm trying to figure out if I should eat one or not - normally I can't afford to eat one!!! GAH!

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    I have my calorie intake basically worked out since I've been doing this awhile now, but today I had my normal breakfast and now I'm STARVING!!! I ate most of my exercise calories yesterday, I had about 200 left but only 1 carb so I just went to bed. I had oatmeal for breakfast as usual. Now I want a snack DESPERATELY and I'm trying to figure out if I should eat one or not - normally I can't afford to eat one!!! GAH!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Your body knows best. I always have to have a snack about 2 hours after breakfast and before lunch too. But that's ok, because eating every couple hours keeps your metabolism up. Drink a big glass of water and then maybe a cup of skim milk. You will fill really full with few calories.
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    try drinking water first and if that does not help eat some fruit or veggies.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Apples always help me and the fiber in them is pretty good. The apple takes the edge off so I dont go crazy eating everything in sight. Also a bowl of high fiber cereal with yogurt (like Kashi) is always filling for me. Stay away from chips and things that are easy to over eat on in a normal day!

Also warm tea helps too.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Eat.
    Eat a small, healthy snack or meal.
    My 9 a.m. snack is 1/4 cup peanuts.
    Or an apple.
    Or a grapefruit (I love them) or orange.
    Or part of my lunch.
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Thanks to all - I really need to figure things out so that I am eating six small meals instead of two medium and one large. It's tough to change, because I LOVE cooking a nice dinner for the family and I want to eat it!!! :) So I end up saving up so I can eat that dinner. I'm sure it's a dumb thing to do but it's hard for me not to do it. I need to get better and more snacks in the house.