Best running shoes?

I need a new pair and was wondering what you guys use or recommend. Thanks!

Replies

• CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Mizunos are always great, I like the WaveRunners.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Saucony for sure! Light, flexible and comfy.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Saucony for sure! Light, flexible and comfy.

That's what I have now and love 'em! I might just get another pair.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Go to a running store where they can analyze your gait and recommend something that suits you. Trust me on this.
  • ckpoem
    ckpoem Posts: 6 Member
    The best running shoes are the ones that work for you and your foot. No other opinion matters.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    yup go get fitted, it really can vary ALOT based on your feet, how you run, and what your plans/goals are for them.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Go to a running store where they can analyze your gait and recommend something that suits you. Trust me on this.

Agree 100%. The best shoe for someone else is not necessarily the best shoe for you. I have been happy with Brooks for myself.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    The best running shoe is the one that fits you properly. I highly recommend finding a local running store that can do a proper fitting for you. It was doing that that let me know I was wearing too small of a shoe size and not getting one with proper support for my gait. Different brands work well for different reasons - I've been happy with Brooks but they are a little expensive.
  • slagler1970
    slagler1970 Posts: 3 Member
    I agree with going to a running store to get your gait analyzed.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Getting fitted for the right running shoe has made all the difference in my running--I could practically hear angels singing when I put on the shoes that I use now (Asics Gel Kayano 19s). So just seconding all the people who say to go to a running store and get fitted properly!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    try on several or get fitted like those here have been saying.

I have been using Asics for my past three pair.
    Had nike, under armor and adidas in the past. each worked.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    1. If you're just starting up again or whatnot then just get a pair of shoes that fit your feet. Brand is irrelevant. If you're not running all the time it won't really matter, as long as they're comfortable.

2. If you're upgrading shoes because you're running all the time then yes, take your butt to a running store and get your gait analyzed. You'll find out what shoes are right for you. Once you bought your first pair from the running store the next time you need a new pair you can just buy the same model online somewhere for cheap.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Great advice! Thanks everyone!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    I was curious about this too, I was wondering what it cost you guys (approximately) to get your running shoes professionally fitted? I was hoping to keep under 150?
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member

+1
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    I was curious about this too, I was wondering what it cost you guys (approximately) to get your running shoes professionally fitted? I was hoping to keep under 150?

Paid $100 even. I was actually worried that I didn't get a quality shoe for that price. The next day I saw that the shoe I got won an award from Runners World. I was pleasantly surprised that good running shoes don't have to cost too much.
  • SelkathNuggets
    SelkathNuggets Posts: 37 Member
    Vibram Five-Fingers. No contest.
  • Nike Roshe Runs. So comfortable and I've noticed a major difference in my running.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I like Asics for running/cardio and Nike for cross training.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Everyone's feet are different. I've got the Brooks Ghost, which I love, but that may not be your cup of tea. Go to a store specialized on running shoes and gear and get yourself assessed. How you run is as important as your shoe size for the correct choice of shoe :flowerforyou: