How often do we weigh ourselves?

I know i shouldn't but i cant help getting on the scales every 2-3 days, i get so excited! i log my weight weekly but i'm constantly checking through the week, it's the most important thing to me atm

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    There's nothing wrong with weighing regularly. I weigh everyday, as do a lot of people here.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    .. Everyday same time in the am.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I weigh myself everyday at the same time, and have since I began seriously tracking on 3/12/12. It keeps me motivated and on track.
    It is an individual thing for most people. You will see everything from daily, to weekly, to monthly, to not at all.
  • thatlittlebit
    thatlittlebit Posts: 46 Member
    I weigh myself every day when I wake up - I have an app called Happy Scales which draws a smooth line graph of all my weights so it's not really demoralising or anythign when I gain a few pounds seemingly overnight
  • Every day on my fitbit scales. It is fun to see it go up and down daily but to also see the general trend coming through showing I am losing weight and body fat.:drinker:
  • redambition
    redambition Posts: 39 Member
    I weigh myself every morning, to track any fluctuations and stalls.

Sometimes I weigh myself in the evening too, just to see the difference out of curiousity.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Once a week in the morning.
  • once a week (every thursday) like MFP recomends.
    pd: I see lots of people here weight themselves everyday. Nothing wrong with that, if it works for you. For me it´s not a good a idea because I KNOW I can become very obsessive so I rather weight myself just once a week
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Well I tried less as MFP recommends but I ended up gaining or not losing at all... so nope I do it everyday, it's kind of like clocking in and the pay at the end of the week is hopefully a healthier lighter body.

I know (as in 30+ yrs.) two very nice, trim, fit ladies, one of them weighed everyday and if there was a 2 lb. gain she adjusted her actions and diet for that day to deal with it right then. The other weighed everyday when she saw a 5 lb. gain she watched it if it was still there at the end of the week she went into action, with diet and exercise. both of these woman stayed fit

So I think it's a good idea to check our weight everyday, here is my one thought; I am a diabetic I check my sugar every single morning, if I see a raise I immediately look over what my diet had been, was there something that was new or different? In other words I look for the source to make sure to watch next time, then if it happens I can avoid it. On the same note if it dropped down nicely I can again look at my diet to see what changes I had made and see if I can keep that up for better numbers. So why wouldn't that work with our weight?

Our bodies talk to us, we really should listen!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Everyday... first thing in the morning nude, after using the restroom.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Every two weeks. I hate the scale. I'm much more into NSVs. Now, when I get closer to my goals, I'll probably do it every week or couple of days. But for now, I rather judge my progress by how my clothes fit and how I feel.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Every morning. It's the only way that works for me. I get up, go to the bathroom, and then weigh myself without clothes. It keeps me motivated.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    I do it every Sunday morning, after the bathroom and sans clothing. I like seeing the big dips. :) (plus I have an infant who is my alarm clock, and she usually isn't happy to wait the extra 5 minutes for me to weigh myself when it interferes with her breakfast :laugh: )
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Every morning. Because I expect it to go up and down, the ups don't bother me but the downs (and new lows in particular) actually make me work harder that day to keep it up.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    I'm trying to keep it down to once a week or at least every few days. It's great when the scale goes down but when it goes up or stalls I have a hard time keeping it from spoiling my whole day. I'm supposed to be losing 1-2 lbs a week so it may take that long to actually see a drop.
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Everyday first thing in the morning.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Most days but I'm not regligious about it. Then I put them into a pretty chart and pay attention to the trend lines not the daily variations.

Sept_line_zpsb04eab39.png
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning, and calculate an exponentially smoothed weighted average to filter out the noise from daily fluctuations and focus on the trend, as John Walker explains in "The Hacker's Diet" (http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/; see the chapters on "The Rubber Bag" and "Signal and Noise").

Sites like Trendweight.com will do it automatically for you, if you have a Wifi-equipped scale. Or you can use Walker's website to create a free account and track there.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I know i shouldn't but i cant help getting on the scales every 2-3 days, i get so excited! i log my weight weekly but i'm constantly checking through the week, it's the most important thing to me atm

i weight twice a day, every day, morning and evening.
  • Once a week! (at maximum) And i do it every saturday at 10am (weird i know)