DANG IT!

I did so well when I was on here back in April and May. Then in June and July I totally left off the whole thing. We bought a house, moved, went on trips, had friends in town... lots of distractions.

Now I've GOT to start again. But my motivation is gone. And the beach trip that inspired my signing up for MFP in the first place in this weekend. Ha! Guess I failed to meet that goal. :laugh: Now I need a new one!

ps - congratulations to all of y'all who've made so much progress in my absence!!!!

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    I did so well when I was on here back in April and May. Then in June and July I totally left off the whole thing. We bought a house, moved, went on trips, had friends in town... lots of distractions.

Now I've GOT to start again. But my motivation is gone. And the beach trip that inspired my signing up for MFP in the first place in this weekend. Ha! Guess I failed to meet that goal. :laugh: Now I need a new one!

ps - congratulations to all of y'all who've made so much progress in my absence!!!!
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    I know exactly what you are talking about. We moved, started new jobs, visited with family, etc. I put on 4 lbs in 5 weeks, mainly from eating junk food every meal. 4 lbs doesn't sound like much, but each lb takes about 10 days to get rid of - so I am looking at 5 weeks of work to get back to where I was. Discouraging.
    But - We Can Do It! Just think about looking good for Christmas pictures.:smile:
    Good luck to you.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey! It is SO hard to focus on weight-loss when you have so many things going on!

Well, you're here now! Don't focus on the woulda, shoulda, coulda's and instead focus on the possibilities. Just start anew!

Best of luck to you!!

-Tam
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    if at first you don't succeed-- when you fall off the horse-- et cetera et cetera--

Just start over-- :)
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Thanks Aly and Tam. :flowerforyou:

Maybe I could make Thanksgiving my next goal... That's just under 4 months away which means I could feasibly lose 15 lbs by then. My family will be coming down to Texas to see our new house so maybe I could surprise them with an in-shape Keri as well.

My coworker and I might do a challenge, too. Except she has a personal trainer and I don't. :ohwell: