Fitbit.. which one!

Hi! I am planning to order a fitbit device but there are just way too many of them. I am too confused to choose.
I would appreciate any advice on which one is best?

Thanks

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    None?!
    You really need a bracelet to tell you that you are not sleeping enought or guestimating how many calories you burn based on approximate calculations?
    Get an HRM if you really have to spend money!
  • Brinklj
    Brinklj Posts: 10 Member
    It depends on what you want to do with it. Do you prefer a bracelet, or a clip? Do you want it to track your sleep? Do you want it to track stairs climbed? Do you want to be able to color coordinate with your outfits?

I got a Fitbit Flex and love it. I didn't need the screen of the Force, but wanted it to track sleep. It's also a good pick if you want to change the colors, as the band is interchangeable. This feature is also nice if you are rough on stuff like me. The flex doesn't track elevation or have a screen but it does sync via bluetooth with your phone, so your phone is basically the screen.

If you want a bracelet with a screen, get a Force. The bands aren't interchangeable on that one though.

If you want a clip and don't care about tracking sleep, then the Fitbit Zip is right for you (it's also the cheapest).

If you want a clip that tracks sleep but not elevation then the Fitbit One is your pick.

The Fitbit Ultra tracks sleep and elevation and is a clip. You also wear it on a bracelet when you sleep.

Hope that helps a bit.
  • I have a Fitbit Zip (which is the cheapest one) and I love it. But it's basically just a glorified pedometer. I got mine really cheap through a fitness program at work....i would not have paid the high cost for it. Unless you have tons of extra cash to throw around I would recommend just getting a regular pedometer to track your steps.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    I just got a fitbit one & I cant complain at all - tracks steps, cals, exercise, sleep, stairs climbed, everything I needed. And that's without getting Fitbit Premium for extra motivation and more in depth readings. It's very discreet also, just clips onto the inside of your clothes (bra personally) or in your pocket. Not a bad price either. You should look them all up & decide what you really want out of it to suit you.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    The Fitbit Ultra tracks sleep and elevation and is a clip. You also wear it on a bracelet when you sleep.

I don't know about the Ultra but this is what my One does. I'm in the UK though so don't know f that makes a difference.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Thanks! This is very helpful. I basically want it to track my exercise.

It depends on what you want to do with it. Do you prefer a bracelet, or a clip? Do you want it to track your sleep? Do you want it to track stairs climbed? Do you want to be able to color coordinate with your outfits?

I got a Fitbit Flex and love it. I didn't need the screen of the Force, but wanted it to track sleep. It's also a good pick if you want to change the colors, as the band is interchangeable. This feature is also nice if you are rough on stuff like me. The flex doesn't track elevation or have a screen but it does sync via bluetooth with your phone, so your phone is basically the screen.

If you want a bracelet with a screen, get a Force. The bands aren't interchangeable on that one though.

If you want a clip and don't care about tracking sleep, then the Fitbit Zip is right for you (it's also the cheapest).

If you want a clip that tracks sleep but not elevation then the Fitbit One is your pick.

Hope that helps a bit.
  • hiba_84
    Thank you!
    I just got a fitbit one & I cant complain at all - tracks steps, cals, exercise, sleep, stairs climbed, everything I needed. And that's without getting Fitbit Premium for extra motivation and more in depth readings. It's very discreet also, just clips onto the inside of your clothes (bra personally) or in your pocket. Not a bad price either. You should look them all up & decide what you really want out of it to suit you.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    There is a recall on the Force-something in the band is causing skin irritations in people.
  • I love my fitbit one. It tucks away out of sight in my bra, gives me a good estimate of calories burned in a day (except when I'm doing certain types of cardio, when I use an HRM), and motivates me to move more. It is expensive, to be sure, but I'm glad I got mine.
  • hiba_84
    ^^ I need it to track my cardio exercises because I am not sure how accurate the MFP numbers are. Sometimes they look too high.
  • Fitbit One for me! I've had mine for 6 months and I'm never without it. Synchs beautifully with MFP and does everything you want it to do in order to keep track of your exercise.
  • I got a Fitbit Force for Christmas. The clasp doesn't really work well and it kept popping off my arm a couple times a week. Eventually it popped off when I didn't notice it and I didn't realize it was gone until mid afternoon. It's lost and I don't plan to replace it.
  • delmauriac
    delmauriac Posts: 52 Member
    I recently got the One, and can't complain about it for keeping track of steps and general activity. I also got a cheap HRM strap and watch, and the strap links to most of the cardio equipment in our gym to keep track of calories burned etc.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    None?!
    You really need a bracelet to tell you that you are not sleeping enought or guestimating how many calories you burn based on approximate calculations?
    Get an HRM if you really have to spend money!

I found my Fitbit more motivating and accurate than a HRM. I bought a Polar HRM monitor early in my weight-loss effort, but ended up giving it away to someone on my friend list. I have used either a BodyMedia or a Fitbit for the past 2.5 years. For me, the Fitbit gives me more motivation to stay active throughout the day. <shrug>

I lost 66 pounds and have maintained the loss for over two years now. I think that's in large part to using a tracking device that measures more than just the calorie burn during my 45-60 minute workout.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    I have a fitbit flex and to be honest it hasn't really helped me lose weight at all. It overestimates so much. I've come back to here and sticking to good 'ol calorie counting and using my HRM and the weight is dropping off. I've had my flex for about 4 months and nothing was happening weight loss wise. It does motivate me to move more but incredibly inaccurate (for me anyways).
  • I love my flex and have found it to be really accurate wrt calories.

The worst thing is that I now walk a lot more :)

They are certainly not cheap, but since I had the money, why not get it?
  • jessad215
    jessad215 Posts: 14 Member
    I was given a Fitbit Zip for my birthday--I hadn't decided whether this was something I really needed, and I don't know if I would've bought it for myself, but I am really enjoying it now that I have it. I am finding that it isn't great for tracking my exercise, since at the moment, a lot of what I do is not step-based. (Strength training, workout videos with crunches, squats, etc) If your primary exercise was walking or running, it could track that pretty well. But what I am enjoying is seeing how it tracks my general activity level--how much am I moving during the rest of the time I'm not exercising? I like challenging myself to go for a quick walk around the block, or pace while I watch tv at night. It's a different measure than exercise, and since my job is entirely on the computer, I could be incredibly sedentary, even with working out an hour a day. I don't think its necessary for weight loss, but I am enjoying it, and it is making me more conscious of what I do outside of my single "workout" block of the day.