Morning exercisers: What time does your alarm go off?

The title pretty much speaks for itself.

What time does your alarm go off when you haul yourself out of bed and head to the gym/out for a run/switch on the exercise DVD player, etc?

Also, what time do you go to bed?

I get up around 6.15am and usually do a good hour of running then do stretching for 10 minutes or so when I get back. I work from home so I don't have to commute to work.

On weekends, I usually get up around 7.30am and head out.

I have an alarm that goes off at 9.30pm each night that tells me to get ready for bed. This helps me get a decent sleep so I can maintain my exercise routine.

How about you?

xx

Replies

• MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    On gym/lifting days I my alarm goes off at 5.00 to get to the gym when it opens at 6.

On non gym/lifting days I just get up at 6.30 and weekends whenever I feel like it (usually 7-8am)
  • 5:45am, so I can get out of the house by 6am. Then I'll surf if theres a wave, otherwise ride my bike up the coast
    I go to bed at 10pm-11pm.
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Up at 5. In bed by 9
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Up at 430 during the week, at the gym by 515! Weekends it depends if I run alone or not, but usually 6 am! I go to bed by 9 most nights!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    No alarm. Usually up by 3:30-4 & at the gym by 5:30 for Spin or 5:45 for Body Pump. I just started a C25K training last week so I'm going to shoot for making it to the gym by 5am to hit the TM first.
  • Ozzzy66
    Ozzzy66 Posts: 36 Member
    Up at 3:15AM and at the gym by 5AM, I have a 45 minute drive to the gym. I'm normally in the bed at 8:30-9 PM.
  • I'm up at 4:30am M-F..at the gym by 5am..workout for an hour and then head home to my piping hot coffee! ;)
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    On weekdays, my alarm goes off at 4:30am if I'm going to the gym. I leave my house by 4:45 and am at the gym by 5am. I have about an hour and fifteen minutes to spend there before I have to get home to get ready for work. On weekends, I'm normally awake by 7:00am anyway (and my gym doesn't open til 7 on weekends) so I usually get there before 8am.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    On weekdays, my alarm goes off at 4:30am if I'm going to the gym. I leave my house by 4:45 and am at the gym by 5am. I have about an hour and fifteen minutes to spend there before I have to get home to get ready for work. On weekends, I'm normally awake by 7:00am anyway (and my gym doesn't open til 7 on weekends) so I usually get there before 8am.

Unless your route to work from the gym passes your house, I'd get ready at the gym.
    I purposely picked a gym that was pretty much on the way to work so id go before work or if I wasnt feeling 100% that AM, go on my way home.

I get up about 430am. Im there a little after 5am.
    Get ready there and then off to work!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Stupid o'clock :(
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Up at 3:15AM and at the gym by 5AM, I have a 45 minute drive to the gym. I'm normally in the bed at 8:30-9 PM.

That's some dedication, kudos brah!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Alarm set for 6, but usually wake up on my own ~5:45, and out the door by 6:00 for a 3+ mile walk.
    Out cold by 10 PM.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Alarm = 4:30 am every day. I usually wake up a few minutes before that. I set an alarm for 8 pm to remind me to go to bed. Let's get going!
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    If I go length swimming I'm up 6am and walk to the pool, finish about 8:15 and get a lift there to work. Not a great morning person for exercise but I might get up at 6am for some yoga or a workout DVD. I'm usually in bed by 10:30
  • 5:55 for cardio and Pilates. I usually go to sleep at 11.
  • labbielove
    labbielove Posts: 6 Member
    On weekdays the alarm goes off at 5:45am for either a run outside or an exercise DVD at home. On weekends it varies. I usually have rest day on Saturday and do longer runs on Sundays- out the door by 10 or 11am.
    During the week I'm in bed by 10.
  • ChadPRun
    ChadPRun Posts: 735
    My alarm goes off at 2am M-F. At work at 3:30am. My workout and/or run is when I get home in the evenings. Try to be in bed by 9:30pm.
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    No alarm -- up by 4am (most) everyday (can sleep till 4:30 on Sundays). Stuck on the elliptical right now (winter) - my 45 mins need to be done by 6:15 or so (7 on Sundays). Anxiously waiting for clear roads so I can resuming racewalking/running - workouts become longer then but...............wakeup time stays about the same.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Anywhere between 9 and 10 am
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    4am, walk the dog (not a euphemism) then get to gym by 5am, I work next door to gym, so I just walk over to work at 6:30