How often do we weigh ourselves?

13»

Replies

• Whichever works best for you. However do know that weighing yourself everyday could affect your motivation. Water weight and other factors could skew your results. I say every 1-2 weeks. If you have a scale that calculates it into a graph, go for it.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Everyday... first thing in the morning nude, after using the restroom.

This and the last thing before I go to bed at night, The night/morning fluctuations are absolutely amazing and never cease to make me wonder what is going on. Then I absolutely forget it for the rest of the day.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Daily, first thing, without fail. I got into loosing weight because my blood pressure was up. Only times I've been in control of weight in past was when I did careful monitoring. I also take my blood pressure every morning, just after putting the coffee on, without fail. I now use the Aria wifi scale. I track my steps with FitBit. Log my blood pressure on FitBit. I have MFP, FitBit, Microsoft Health Vault, TrendWeight all linked. I also use Google Spreadsheets and TicTrac. See the December 17, 2013 entry on my blog to see how I pull it all together: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/
  • Most days but I'm not regligious about it. Then I put them into a pretty chart and pay attention to the trend lines not the daily variations.

Sept_line_zpsb04eab39.png

LOVE THIS!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    once a week, same time, same day, in the morning, before food, after oblutions :glasses:
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    I weigh daily, but track weekly.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Maybe once every few months. But I should.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Daily. First thing after emptying my bladder. Daily means you get the small ups and downs (noise) and have a chance to average those out (at least mentally if not in a spreadsheet). If you weigh only weekly, you're stuck with whatever number you read until the next week. If you can do that and not go crazy for that week when it goes the wrong way a little bit, you're stronger than I am.
  • Every 4 weeks at doctors appointments.
  • nikifavorido
    nikifavorido Posts: 41 Member
    Once a week, Monday morning. Never at any other times. :)
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    I personally weigh myself every morning... and record it every Friday...

I've been losing an average of 1.5kg (3lbs) a week... I should see some movement by Wednesday... If not I increase my Cardiovascular exercises.... (walk and/or stationary bike) by 1 hour... but if i don't lose it... by Friday... I forget it and start over... trying to reach 1.5kg.. at my regular route.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Every 6 weeks or so. I don't own a scale so I stop by my doctor's office to use their BMI machine.
  • drew0013
    drew0013 Posts: 8 Member
    I only weigh myself once a week.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Every day Monday through to Friday and as i am more relaxed at weekends i dont weigh again until Monday morning to establish the level of weekend damage and the challenge for the week ahead :smile:
  • pichu_318
    pichu_318 Posts: 36 Member
    I weigh myself 1 - 4 times a week. Sometimes I do it every day, other days I forget/don't care/ am too tired to try XD.

I get up at around 5 AM and walk down to my local gym to work out a few times a week, so on those days I really don't care what my weight is......