Morning exercisers: What time does your alarm go off?

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    My alarm is set for 6:30 A.M, which is my drop dead time to get in my workout, but I usually wake up before. I am typically in bed and asleep by 8:00 P.M. I have been sleeping a lot lately.:blushing: Though, today being my day off when I can sleep as much as I want, I am up and active at a little after 4 A.M. :sad:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    On weekdays, my alarm goes off at 4:30am if I'm going to the gym. I leave my house by 4:45 and am at the gym by 5am. I have about an hour and fifteen minutes to spend there before I have to get home to get ready for work. On weekends, I'm normally awake by 7:00am anyway (and my gym doesn't open til 7 on weekends) so I usually get there before 8am.

Unless your route to work from the gym passes your house, I'd get ready at the gym.
    I purposely picked a gym that was pretty much on the way to work so id go before work or if I wasnt feeling 100% that AM, go on my way home.

I get up about 430am. Im there a little after 5am.
    Get ready there and then off to work!

I wish I was able to get ready at the gym but I never was a fan of showering at the gym. I'm kind of a germophobe lol. I also have two dogs to feed and walk when I get home from the gym (they would look at me like I had five heads if I tried to disturb ther beauty sleep to take them out at 4:30am). The drive to the gym isn't bad at all though, I don't mind it!
  • sweetblackberry1
    sweetblackberry1 Posts: 29 Member
    I go to bed late everynight around 1-2 am an woke up at 9am have breakfast and around 11am workout in my house for half or an hour.Sometimes in the night workout again if i eat a lot.
  • hsavas
    hsavas Posts: 14 Member
    I've had a really hard time doing it this winter, due to the extreme cold - alarm goes off at 5:00, at the gym by 5:30 so I can be home to get the kid off to school before going to work at 8. In bed by 9:30. I'd love to have some new friends here who workout in the morning to help motivate me with the morning alarm... if anyone is willing to add me?
  • JessieMay1995
    JessieMay1995 Posts: 11 Member
    Some of you guys are crazy! The earliest my alarm goes off is 8 (on weekdays), which means I'm at the gym for 8:45ish. At the weekends I get up whenever I feel like it, which is usually around 10-11:00 so I'm working out by about 12. Usually in bed between 11:30 and midnight most nights :)
  • Hishtagat
    Hishtagat Posts: 27 Member
    3:15 am. In the gym at 5 am sharp. I take a while to wake up proper, the gym is around 40~ minutes away one way on foot and I do not own a car. Yep.

If it's of any relevance, I tend to go to bed at around 10 pm.
  • ataripirate
    ataripirate Posts: 2 Member
    3:32 am at the gym by 3:50 - not always the only one there
  • On weekdays 4:45. I have a cup of coffee and feed the dog and like to hit the basement by 5:30. On weekends I get up whenever and have 2 cups of coffee and feed the dog before I hit the basement.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    If I go to bed at 9:30PM I wake with no alarm clock at 4AM
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Weekdays my alarm is normally at 5:45a so I can do 45 minutes on my stationary bike before I get cleaned up and head to work. On the weekends I don't usually set an alarm. The cats usually let me sleep in until 6:30 or so. Most nights I"m asleep by 10:30p.

Generally my strength training is in the evening after a second cardio workout. However, if I know I can't do my strength training in the evening, I'll get up an hour earlier in the morning.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    It goes off about 10 times between "I'll have enough time to work out if I get up now" and "oh crap, I'm going to be late for work"
    Seriously, though.. 4:30.
  • SuzyQ290711
    SuzyQ290711 Posts: 5 Member
    I get up at 4:30, hit the treadmill by 5:00, usually for 60-90 mins. Shower, feed the animals, off to work by 8:00. I try to head to bed by 8:30 pm.
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,285 Member
    up at 315-330 am. i have a few alarm clocks. check what the overseas financial markets have done overnight, walk the dog and out to the high school track for at least an hour of running. its safe and lit. strength training at the gym late afternoons. I try and be in bed by 8:30 pm but its usually by 9 ; believe it or not, you get used to the early wake ups; but at first, it was hard. but when i don't want to work out or have a hard time getting up and out, i tell myself how lucky i am i live in a part of the country (Seattle) where i can get out and run and the worst case scenario it might be a little wet; I feel bad for all the horrible snow and cold the rest of the country is living in. I love working out early and getting it done. it just makes for a nicer start to the day.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    When I can actually get up and exercise (which is rare).. I am usually exercising at home. So 5:30 a.m. for me. I need to be in the shower by 6:30 a.m. and out the door by 7:25 a.m.
  • I work afternoon and evenings, so I usually get up at 7am, have a cuppa and a very light breakfast (banana & Actimel mostly) and then head to the Healthy Living Centre for a swim on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, and the gym on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays; I usually swim for about 45 minutes on swim days and I'm usually in the gym for about 90 minutes on gym days.

I generally have Sunday as a rest day, when I have a lie in and maybe go for a walk with hubby, if the weather behaves itself.
  • alarm set to 5.30
    out of the house by 6.00
    start work at 6.30

no exercise in the morning, walk home from work.
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    I am up by 3 am, at the gym by 4 am Monday through Friday.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    4:40am M-F 6:00am Saturdays
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Up about 5:15-5:30 depending on the day... gym by 6:00-6:15. Get ready at the gym to go to work to be able to get as much time as I can at the gym. In bed by 10-11.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Alarm goes off at 5:25 although i tend to wake up 5 or so minutes beforehand, and in bed by 9:30-10