Have you lost more than 50 pounds?

My question is have you experienced a problem with excess hanging skin?

If so, did you exercise while losing the weight? Do you feel exercise would have helped avoid it?

If you did have large amounts of excess skin where on the body did you experience it.? :blushing:

If you don't want to share this info in a public forum please email me. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    My question is have you experienced a problem with excess hanging skin?

If so, did you exercise while losing the weight? Do you feel exercise would have helped avoid it?

If you did have large amounts of excess skin where on the body did you experience it.? :blushing:

If you don't want to share this info in a public forum please email me. :flowerforyou:
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    i dont have the answer to your question but in this weeks people magazine there are several stories of people who lost over 100 pounds each and they each look great.there is also a section that talked about loose skin surgery. unfortanatly i have not read the whole thing yet. also oprah this coming week will be having a weight loss challange episode with one of the ladies from the article who lost i think 173 pounds. im not positive of the date, but i'll t-vo for the week and hopefully be inspired. hope this will help.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    The speed with which you lose your weight contributes to hanging skin.

I've lost 80 lbs, and I do have a bit of loose skin now that I only have a few more to lose. (lower abdomen and upper arms)

I lost my weight very, very slowly (over 3 years) and started by exercise alone, gradually changing my diet over time. I've only been monitoring my calories since I started here.

I have also read that the skin tightens up over time, but I'm sure this is different for everybody.

And hey, I'm past my bikini days anyways.:wink:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Thank You Viviakay! :flowerforyou:

I am trying to get ahead of any weight loss related issues now. The issue of excess skin is one I have thought about, as several people who had the bariatric surgery have mentioned it to me. I am hoping that my going to the gym and like you trying to lose the weight over several years will limit this kind of a problem.

Congratulations on your loss. :flowerforyou:

Bricker thanks for the info. I'll try to pick up the magazine the article will probably give me even more of the kind of input I am looking for. :flowerforyou:
  • As of today, I have lost 70 pounds. I do have the excess "Flab" at the upper arms and around the belly. I was a speed loser, and lost the weight I have since August.

I did exercise while loosing, but I wasn't good about doing upper body work.

I want to loose another 50 pounds. And my questions is to those that have lost the weight, have you had or are you considering plastic surgery?

I want to get a boob job, but know I cant afford it.
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    oprahs weight loss challange show is on monday the 14 if any one is interested