I've really messed this up....

Using this site, at one point I lost almost forty pounds. However, with the issues I dealt with in my personal life, my weight loss and exercise program became not such a high priority. I spent so much energy just trying to hang on for dear life and not go stark raving mad that I put myself and my health on the back burner. I've gained back all the weight I lost and am now the heaviest I've been since I was pregnant with my second child. I got on the scale this morning and almost cried at the number I saw (I'm too embarrassed to post it here). I need to get back on the ball before my weight gets out of control. I guess I need to put myself first for a change, but I don't know how. I hope to find some measure of accountability because I can't do it alone.

Replies

• I wonder if you should consider counseling? Sometimes the weight gain is a symptom of something more serious. A good counselor may be able to help you through whatever is going on. When you're happier, then the weight issue goes to its right place. You sound very hard on yourself.
  • Post Script - your pictures of your babies are GORGEOUS! Lucky you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Using this site, at one point I lost almost forty pounds. However, with the issues I dealt with in my personal life, my weight loss and exercise program became not such a high priority. I spent so much energy just trying to hang on for dear life and not go stark raving mad that I put myself and my health on the back burner. I've gained back all the weight I lost and am now the heaviest I've been since I was pregnant with my second child. I got on the scale this morning and almost cried at the number I saw (I'm too embarrassed to post it here). I need to get back on the ball before my weight gets out of control. I guess I need to put myself first for a change, but I don't know how. I hope to find some measure of accountability because I can't do it alone.

FIrst off..........do not feel embarassed! We are like your 2nd family here. Get that video out, the jump rope, the weights and get to work. You know how to do it!! You were an inspiration to me when I first started here girl.

GO for it!!

Jeannie
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    GTOgirl, I'm right there with you. I lost 30lbs using this site, had some fall off time and gained it all back. All we can do is focus on the present moment. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow never comes. The only time we have is now!
  • TOTALLY with you, 7 years ago I went from a size 16 to size 8, then life's dramas took over, but I maintained at 140 pounds for a while, but then I gained it all back plus some, then a year ago things got really bad, last summer I wouldn't step on a scale but probably got over 240 and I am now a size 20 and barely under 220 pounds now. The journey back begins right now, one day, one meal, one workout at a time. We can do it!
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    We all fall of the wagon every once in a while! Beating yourself up about it is the worst thing you can do, start back now and show yourself and everyone around you that you can do even better than before!