Is your Goal FASHION or FITNESS? (perfect woman 171lbs)

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    An odd article, given the fashion at that time was for tiny corseted waists. Though I love that she is suffragette - Hurrah the strapping Amazon feminists.

Fashion for me. I'm vain and shallow.
  • ratatoska
    ratatoska Posts: 24 Member
    Fitness!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I guess ultimately my goal was fashion. I love clothes shopping, probably to a fault. Plus my husband and I are avid boaters and I got really tired of feeling self-conscious in a swimsuit. Dammit, I wanted to be confident in one! That said though I'm at a point in my life now where the fitness part is hugely important. Having a busy three-year old is hard work and I can't imagine trying to keep up with her if I was out of shape. Exercise has become a real energy and mood booster for me over the past few years.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Fitness for me. I want to be strong and healthy. But it wouldn't hurt to be a little happier in the clothes I wear too.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    For me it's Fitness first - I want to lose the weight i've gained while dealing with ohter issues like quitting smoking and stress
    But the reward this year will be fashion with a bespoke suit at the end of it (always wanted one the no smoking and drinking will pay for it - and it will give me incentive to keep the fitness level)
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    Interesting article. I'd say for me its FASHION, but fitness is important too!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Fitness, definitely.

It's nice being able to wear smaller clothes and have a bigger variety of places to shop. But it's even better to not worry about getting tired or keeping up with other people. I've also picked up a very physical hobby in the past 6 months (see profile picture) and being fitter has allowed me to progress. I LOVE pole and I don't want to give it up, so that is a huge motivating factor for me to keep the weight off and improve my fitness levels.

As far as fashion goes, eh. Like I said, it's nice and all, but I'm pretty clued in on where to get fat girl fashion. I don't think I would have suffered in that regard if I stayed fat. And as far as the *media* goes, I couldn't care less about it.

'I love pole' :laugh:

Seriously though, thighs like yours are my goal.

I'd say fitness, because I have physical health problems that mean I have to look after my bones and eat well, but I am also thrilled about being able to shop pretty much anywhere (I can't afford designer clothes, haha) and not have to worry about them going up to my size anymore.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Fitness, definitely.

It's nice being able to wear smaller clothes and have a bigger variety of places to shop. But it's even better to not worry about getting tired or keeping up with other people. I've also picked up a very physical hobby in the past 6 months (see profile picture) and being fitter has allowed me to progress. I LOVE pole and I don't want to give it up, so that is a huge motivating factor for me to keep the weight off and improve my fitness levels.

As far as fashion goes, eh. Like I said, it's nice and all, but I'm pretty clued in on where to get fat girl fashion. I don't think I would have suffered in that regard if I stayed fat. And as far as the *media* goes, I couldn't care less about it.

'I love pole' :laugh:

Seriously though, thighs like yours are my goal.

I'd say fitness, because I have physical health problems that mean I have to look after my bones and eat well, but I am also thrilled about being able to shop pretty much anywhere (I can't afford designer clothes, haha) and not have to worry about them going up to my size anymore.

Haha, omg, I don't think any part of my body has *ever* been anyone's goal! Thank you :) My thighs are super strong, but the pose in the picture makes them look better than they are, I think. Loaaaaads of loose skin on my thighs. >.< (Also, LOL, pole... *snort* I really am a 12 year old boy sometimes)
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Fitness...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    fitness.

and with fitness comes fashion.

but i'm doing this for myself.
  • deffinitely for the aesthetics but when i dont work out, my body doesnt feel right and my diet gets outta control so now its both
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Definitely fitness. Have some health issues where losing the weight is reducing the medications I need to take daily. Want to lose more weight and lose all the medications.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    goes both ways for me... fashion for fitness because i am a personal trainer and need to look good on the floor.. and fitness for fashion cuz i wear a certain brand of clothing and i need it to work for me when im working out and training!
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    I would have to go with Fitness first, considering the thing that started me down this path was not being able to keep up with a lot of my friends. Although if I'm being honest, I do loooooove that feeling of looking awesome in my skinny jeans again!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Neither. I like to push my limits. Fitness and fashion are a byproduct of that. Most people would say I do it for fitness.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Ha according to that article I am perfect then -_- 5'7" and 170.2lbs .. I could take it further and say that my WHR (waist to hip ratio) is a perfect .70 (seriously). But why is it that I don't feel perfect?

I look in the mirror and I see big thighs that I hate, I can't find pants that stay on my waist but are big and comfortable enough to cram my thighs into. Girls are walking around in skinny jeans (which I think are ugly personally) and this is what is considered fashionable.

I want to lose wait to be able to FIND CLOTHES that FIT. I want to lose weight to feel like I'm healthy because I surely don't feel like I am because my clothes are in the plus sized section of the store or not available at all in some (France).
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    My goal is to run faster for longer, jump higher and tackle harder.

Any questions?
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    I have to say Fitness because I am a diabetic ...but the ultimate goal is Fashion because I am vain :smile:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Mainly, fitness! I am a dancer, so being fat was holding me back from dancing to my full capabilities, i was very self conscious and uncomfortable! I am losing weight, mainly for that. But if i look good on the way, i am more than happy!