Losing weight, and GAINING a positive self image...

AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Thank you to everyone here for creating this supportive environment...

I believe that MFP works because of the accountability and support we give eachother!

This weight loss has been life changing. I wasted precious years not swimming, covering up at the beach, not going out as much as I could, and not enjoying life becuase I felt self concious about my body.

This plan was not so much about losing weight, but about losing those feelings of not being good enough because I didn't look "perfect". I still don't look perfect, and never will, but I FEEL great about myself - and all this time that was what I needed.

MFP works, and it has changed my life.
Thanks everyone...
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Thank you to everyone here for creating this supportive environment...

I believe that MFP works because of the accountability and support we give eachother!

This weight loss has been life changing. I wasted precious years not swimming, covering up at the beach, not going out as much as I could, and not enjoying life becuase I felt self concious about my body.

This plan was not so much about losing weight, but about losing those feelings of not being good enough because I didn't look "perfect". I still don't look perfect, and never will, but I FEEL great about myself - and all this time that was what I needed.

MFP works, and it has changed my life.
    Thanks everyone...
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Congratulations for getting to that point in your life. You look amazing! :heart:
  • AJCM
    Congratulations for getting to that point in your life. You look amazing! :heart:

Thank Lina! Congrats to you on 32lbs! That is great!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    You should feel happy your a hot mama for having two kids :laugh:
    WIsh I could get my belly to look that good

WTG
  • AJCM
    You should feel happy your a hot mama for having two kids :laugh:
    WIsh I could get my belly to look that good

WTG

Thanks! Hey - my belly has some stretch marks and is not as taut as it used to be (there is nothing that bronzer and self tanning cream can't cure), but this is as good as it gets, so I've given up on trying to acheive something I can't!

I would bet money that your belly looks as good or even better - you are so slim and lovely - just work what you've got girl!!!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Congrats:flowerforyou: I also really benefit from the support and positive vibes on here. Lately I have felt the ugliest I have ever felt, but reading through the posts every morning really helps. I am striving for a positive attitude, and you all inspire me to try and get past this feeling.
  • AJCM
    Congrats:flowerforyou: I also really benefit from the support and positive vibes on here. Lately I have felt the ugliest I have ever felt, but reading through the posts every morning really helps. I am striving for a positive attitude, and you all inspire me to try and get past this feeling.

Look at the beautiful woman in your profile pic - how could you ever feel ugly? And you've created those beautiful children? Come on now... :flowerforyou:

You've got the right attitude to re-focus and get on here for some good vibes!!! (Also, are you from Ontario - I am in a 'burb of Toronto - are we neighbours???)...
    :smile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member

Look at the beautiful woman in your profile pic - how could you ever feel ugly? And you've created those beautiful children? Come on now... :flowerforyou:

You've got the right attitude to re-focus and get on here for some good vibes!!! (Also, are you from Ontario - I am in a 'burb of Toronto - are we neighbours???)...
    Ahhh thanks, I think it's cause I'm in a "growing my hair out" stage and it's impossible, and looking kinda awkward at the moment. I do agree about my children though, handsome little men they are lol!!!
    It takes us about an hour/half to get to Toronto via 401. We are in the Quinte region, if that makes any sense to you lol!!
  • valerie33
    valerie33 Posts: 26 Member
    AWESOME ~ nothing is better or more worth it if u can a positive self image! you have the right mindset and motivation... "Press on" u r doing great!!:bigsmile:
  • AJCM

Ahhh thanks, I think it's cause I'm in a "growing my hair out" stage and it's impossible, and looking kinda awkward at the moment. I do agree about my children though, handsome little men they are lol!!!
    It takes us about an hour/half to get to Toronto via 401. We are in the Quinte region, if that makes any sense to you lol!!

You look great any way you slice it!
  • AJCM
    AWESOME ~ nothing is better or more worth it if u can a positive self image! you have the right mindset and motivation... "Press on" u r doing great!!:bigsmile:

Thanks Valerie!!!
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    What is sad is that someone who has so many positive things going on in their life with family along with looks as striking as you have could ever allow their self-image to drop in the first place. You look great. Congratulations.
  • AJCM
    What is sad is that someone who has so many positive things going on in their life with family along with looks as striking as you have could ever allow their self-image to drop in the first place. You look great. Congratulations.

Thanks for the congrats. I have always felt confident in all other areas of my life (amazing family and friends, education, succcessful career) but I just couldn't get that weight off, and I felt that I was always judged for it. I still sometimes feel that my body isn't good enough, but I am working on those feelings!

Good luck with your goal - YOU MILL MAKE IT!!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

Well said and your new pics look AMAZING
    Great job!

Kim
  • AJCM
    Hi

Well said and your new pics look AMAZING
    Great job!

Kim

Thanks Kim! Love your new pic too! I always like to see some fresh ones!!!
  • AJCM

Thanks Valerie! You too!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!