Is it going to continue working?

I try to save 1500 calories per day, although I believe I am saving nearer 2000 per day, is it likely to continue, also I kinda eat whatever but always so it says I have 1500 calories left (starting at 2200, however I believe my intake is technically 2500-3000).
I have lost 20lbs in 7 weeks, is it likely to continue using the method I have been using. I always said to myself when this method stopped working I would eat more healthily when eating main meals. I dont eat snacks or high fizzy drinks either.
Cheers. I should add my Net Calorie intake per day is about 700-800 after exercise

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I try to save 1500 calories per day, although I believe I am saving nearer 2000 per day,...my Net Calorie intake per day is about 700-800 after exercise

(1) You should probably try to "net" at least your BMR (here, use this to estimate your BMR http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/)

(2) I never recommend a total caloric deficit greater than 1000 on average per day. It's simply unsustainable for healthy, reliable, sane weightloss over the long term for nearly every single human being since the beginning of time. (Malnutrition, injury from over exercise on too little calories, anemia, bone loss, hormone imbalances, etc. etc.)
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    According to an doctor yes... According to all the mean people here no. They want you to eat lots and burn little so you will always be fatter than they are. If you loose fast you are doing it wrong, if you diet you are doing it wrong... if you breathe you are doing it wrong. Loose weight, rock your fine *kitten*, shake it in a bikini and PROVE THEM WRONG!!!!
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    It does include exercise though its not like Im just eating 700. My question is will it continue to work?
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    I try to save 1500 calories per day, although I believe I am saving nearer 2000 per day, is it likely to continue, also I kinda eat whatever but always so it says I have 1500 calories left (starting at 2200, however I believe my intake is technically 2500-3000).
    I have lost 20lbs in 7 weeks, is it likely to continue using the method I have been using. I always said to myself when this method stopped working I would eat more healthily when eating main meals. I dont eat snacks or high fizzy drinks either.
    Cheers. I should add my Net Calorie intake per day is about 700-800 after exercise

Huh?
    According to an doctor yes... According to all the mean people here no. They want you to eat lots and burn little so you will always be fatter than they are. If you loose fast you are doing it wrong, if you diet you are doing it wrong... if you breathe you are doing it wrong. Loose weight, rock your fine *kitten*, shake it in a bikini and PROVE THEM WRONG!!!!

Huh?
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member

Whaaaat?? Most of the 'mean' people are the ones who actually know what they're talking about.
    Seriously if you think people making comments like 'you're not eating enough' are just saying that because they want someone to remain fatter than them then you have a serious problem.
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    That's a really low net calorie intake. It may work, but you may end up facing some pretty bad side effects from nutrient deprivation after a while. (I'm speaking from experience here... I've had a protein deficiency and it totally sucked.) My best advice is don't just do what you *can* do right now -- do what you *want* to do & what you can do for the rest of your life. Establishing those habits are critical in long-term success.
  • WBB55

**Sits you down, looks you square in the eye** It is NOT all about YOU. If people suggest someone eat more, it's not because they want them to be fatter then them. If this has been your experience in life with your friends, then you need to look at the kind of people your friends are. Not everyone is a b!tch. Some people actually want to help and are kind, decent people.

For shame that you would take out your negativity on this OP. For shame.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    I want to do this and I know I will, I just needed to know if somewhere along the line I will slow down, I know in the long run its harder , but I would rather be in a position to keep the weight off, than be in a position of having to burn it all off.
  • WBB55
    I know in the long run its harder ,

Love, it's not just harder. It's DANGEROUS in the long run.

I've had four orthopedic surgeries including two bone grafts from losing weight the stupid way. It's taken me 3 years to put back on the muscle I've lost by losing weight the stupid way. Do what you want. But dangerous weight loss has long-term effects. You are not proving to anyone that you're better or more disciplined. And in the end, you'll just gain it back.

Do it smart. Do it slow. Eat your protein. Lift weights. Don't over-exercise thinking it helps. Take a multivitamin. Have a bone density test. Track your BF%. And be safe.