Question about exorcise entries

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for taking the time to read this! So when I set up my account and answered questions about my activity level and weight loss goal, it also asked if I would be working out and how often so I added that info. My question is, does the account now automatically assume I am doing that and incorporate it automatically or should I still 'enter' my daily exorcise routine as I would my meals? Hope this makes sense!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    you have to enter your exercise
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    The question about how often and how long you plan to work out is just goal setting. It doesn't take this activity into account when setting up your calorie goal. This is why you need to log your exercises and eat back at least half of the calories earned

Two notes about exercise calories;

1) many listings overestimate so be cautious about eating all of them.
    2) even if you're sedentary, a little daily cleaining, cooking, etc is included in this activity level so don't log chores unless they're above and beyond the normal (like spending hours spring cleaning).
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    The question about how often and how long you plan to work out is just goal setting. It doesn't take this activity into account when setting up your calorie goal. This is why you need to log your exercises and eat back at least half of the calories earned

Two notes about exercise calories;

1) many listings overestimate so be cautious about eating all of them.
    2) even if you're sedentary, a little daily cleaining, cooking, etc is included in this activity level so don't log chores unless they're above and beyond the normal (like spending hours spring cleaning).

^this
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Damn...So this post isn't about evil fat possessing your body?? And I was all ready for a fat exorcism!!

:smile: sorry, couldn't resist....
  • a6pack
    a6pack Posts: 21 Member
    As already mentioned, exercise calories may be overestimated. To make it a bit more accurate, I linked myfitnesspal with my Jawbone UP account. Now, my daily step data from my UP is transferred over to myfitnesspay and a more accurate estimate of my calories burned is recorded. For example, on some days I will record a fairly hard run in UP and myfitnesspal will add even more calories to my daily total that what it typically would allot for a run of that time/distance. However, that which giveth, also taketh away. Yesterday, I did a slow walk on the treadmill and it subtracted calories from my daily calorie total.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Damn...So this post isn't about evil fat possessing your body?? And I was all ready for a fat exorcism!!

I imagine an exorcism would probably not burn that many calories, sadly. Unless the demon actually comes out and fights you. Then you should add it as some form of hand-to-hand combat. :laugh:
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member

I imagine an exorcism would probably not burn that many calories, sadly. Unless the demon actually comes out and fights you. Then you should add it as some form of hand-to-hand combat. :laugh:

Very true, most exorcisms usually result in levitation and projectile vomit, which wouldn't burn a thing, but might get you labelled bulimic!
  • Took me a minute to understand it, but I do believe the answer lies in the misspelling of "Exorcise"! LOL
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    I expected a fat exorcism, too.
  • Thanks to those who kindly and playfully pointed out my spelling error in the topic headline! LOL
  • I do think I missed out on an opportunity to have played it off as my clever witticism though! Dang it, I always think of these things last!
  • DamianaKitten

Very true, most exorcisms usually result in levitation and projectile vomit, which wouldn't burn a thing, but might get you labelled bulimic!

Hmm. I hadn't considered that. I was thinking from the angle of the one performing the exorcism. Usually it's just some holy water and specific phrases/commands. Sometimes, you get attacked, so that would have to count as something.

Now, if you were the one possessed, shouldn't you reasonably double your BMR since you're host to a demon? To demons impact metabolism? They'd have to.... Especially with all the floating, head twisting, and wall climbing.
  • DamianaKitten
    Thanks to those who kindly and playfully pointed out my spelling error in the topic headline! LOL

:laugh: Some typos are too good to pass up. :flowerforyou: