Beyond Unsupportive: Wednesday Morning Rant

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Good for you! Kick his *kitten* to the curb!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    The only bang this guy should get is the sound that the brick would make from me smashing it up against his skull.

What a piece of sheeeeeit. Cut the dead weight and keep on trucking.

Hell yeah. I'm trying to be really mature and calm and whatnot but I have to admit I secretly wish someone would rough him up.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    The only bang this guy should get is the sound that the brick would make from me smashing it up against his skull.

What a piece of sheeeeeit. Cut the dead weight and keep on trucking.

Hell yeah. I'm trying to be really mature and calm and whatnot but I have to admit I secretly wish someone would rough him up.

I'm sure you could get plenty of takers on here! LOL!
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    This sounds like a really good way to lose 190 lbs in a week. Well done for making the decision, and I hope you can continue to kick *kitten* without him dragging you down. And you will find a far better replacement for him when the time is right! The one positive thing about being in a relationship like this is you learn from experience why you don't need someone like that bringing you down

Wishing you all the best,
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Would have to concur with other posters.

He's scared ****less that you're going to improve to "out of his league" and drop HIS *kitten*. This is all posturing on his part so that he won't ever have to admit to himself that he just couldnt keep up with you and you outgrew him. In his mind he will always have dropped you for that hot blonde that I bet he never gets.

Same thing with the promotion or whatnot at work. I bet it rips him that you're better at your job than he is at his.

It's all right in the contradiction: He says he's "tired of banging a fatass" .. buuuuut .. isn't interested in YOU getting more physically fit? Doesn't make sense.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Good for you! F#@k him - well, not literally.
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Honestly men like this piss me the fu$k off. Its guys like this that turn good females into bit$hes. Don't let his sour attitude ruin your thoughts about men. He is a rarity , if you ever meet a guy like him again dump him 1st date. What a fu%king *kitten* this guy is , he makes men look bad..

You need to put a frying pan on the stove , heat it up with some oil , then say to him "hey honey look at what I made " when he comes close splash that hot oil in his face to give him permenant scar on his face so he will remember you.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    That's a good way to lose unwanted weight in the form of a douchecanoe who probably will never find another awesome woman like you ever again! Good for you for cutting him loose! You'll find someone better who will support you and cheer you on as you kick *kitten* and take names!
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    DAMN! This just blows my mind that people can be so careless with their words! He sounds like he's not happy with himself, and it's all being projected onto you. There is no reason you, or anyone else, should have to deal with that. You're doing an amazing thing bettering yourself, not just physically, but I bet mentally you're feeling amazing about yourself being so dedicated to your healthy lifestyle. It's absolutely wonderful that your recognizing you don't need someone like that in your life. You're partner is supposed to support you, even if he doesn't want to workout with you. There is literally no reason he should ever put you down like that. And there are PLENTY of men out there that would be so supportive of you and your goals. Like a lot of other people said, good riddance, hope you enjoy losing all those wasted pounds you've been carrying around for years! You are worth so much more. Keep focusing on you, do what makes you happy, and the RIGHT guy will come along. :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    My 'as of this upcoming Saturday moving out ex" had some very nasty things to say this weekend/week that just blow my mind.
    Thank god he's not on the lease and hasn't paid March rent yet- 3 years of wtf was I thinking.

I've been working my butt off for the past two months on diet and exercise, really putting the effort in with no excuses. I've lost 14 lbs since I rebooted at the start of January. I invite him to the gym and he declines. I don't push him. I don't pester him. I discuss my workouts with him because it's part of my day and I thought he would be proud of what I was doing-making a change for the better. We've both gained a substantial amount of weight in the past two years. I know this has an effect on a relationship so I'm taking the steps to change that.

On Sunday I brought up some issues going on in our relationship that have just been chewing at my brain. The response I got was "I'm tired of banging a fatass. I want a hot blonde." Mind. Blown. Just unacceptable. I didn't provoke a drag out fight over this because I hate spending a whole week at work depressed and exhausted from fighting. I didn't speak to him Monday at all until the evening. He's a spiteful hateful fighter and I wasn't going to set myself up for another attack so when that comment was made all I said was "That's unacceptable" and asked him to leave for a while. Then Monday night all he says to me is "Are we going to be mad at each other forever?" Are you frickin' insane. First of all: you have nothing to be mad at me about, and second of all: something like that just doesn't blow over.

I started doing two-a-days and have been really proud of myself. He gets home from work last night and out of habit I start to small talk with him and I brought up that I was really sore and had done a lot of work and his response was "I'm not impressed. Stop telling me about your workouts. It's weird and I don't care." Mind blown again.

There's no fixing that **** and its unacceptable, so goodbye bf.

Congrats on dropping all that weight!!!....in other word the boyfriend:wink: Breakups suck but you sound like you're going to be fine!! You'll find someone who will appreciate you for what you are! Keep up the good work at the gym and best wishes:flowerforyou:
  • ThinLizzie0802
    True dat peeps!

And yes, the contradiction of his two statements is just nuts! And shows he is really just unhappy with himself.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    You can probably include the loss of that dead-weight to your tracker!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    True dat peeps!

And yes, the contradiction of his two statements is just nuts! And shows he is really just unhappy with himself.

Glad you are getting rid of the abusive *kitten*. Trust me when I say, if you lost all the weigh and died your hair blonde, he would find something else to demean you for. Kind and loving men do not treat women that way, period.

PS: I had a guy like that, it was not until I was finally away from him that I realized all the emotional and mental abuse he put me through. Of course, he always made me feel it was my fault. He told me one night toward the end of our relationship that I would never be more than WV white trash and I was lucky to have him.

After I left, he tried for 2 years to get me back, even had his mom calling me at my boyfriends house (dont ask me how he got his number) to try to get me to go back to him.
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Well you are a very attractive person and working toward a goal - which makes you even more attractive - I am sure you will find someone much better very soon! Keep up the good work.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    I'm so glad you're taking steps to improve your health and your life. For your sake, I genuinely hope you stick to your resolutions. The tendency of women in (as you mentioned) emotionally abusive relationships is to return to them, so I hope if he tries to get back in your good graces as he realizes you're serious about kicking his *kitten* out, that you don't lose sight of the dysfunctional attitude and comments he made.
    SO much luck and best wishes to you!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    I think you should aim higher and find someone who just doesn't refrain from saying cruel things - he should also say sweet encouraging things. After reading this I deciding I should appreciate my partner more. This morning he asked me how my diet was going and I said I had lost 7 lbs so far. His reaction was "no way, look at your cheek bones and your waist it most be more than that". He even asked me to twirl around so he could access my progress and whistle. I have much, much more work to go before I'm at my goal weight and having this type of encouragement is a big help.

We all deserve to be adored by someone and if this takes time there is nothing wrong with standing on your own obviously strong and capable two feet. Getting the love and the body you want are both hard work.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    My 'as of this upcoming Saturday moving out ex" had some very nasty things to say this weekend/week that just blow my mind.
    We've both gained a substantial amount of weight in the past two years. I know this has an effect on a relationship so I'm taking the steps to change that.

The response I got was "I'm tired of banging a fatass. I want a hot blonde." Mind. Blown.

I started doing two-a-days and have been really proud of myself. He gets home from work last night and out of habit I start to small talk with him and I brought up that I was really sore and had done a lot of work and his response was "I'm not impressed. Stop telling me about your workouts. It's weird and I don't care." Mind blown again.

There's no fixing that **** and its unacceptable, so goodbye bf.

Congratulations - you have just lost over 150+lbs by ditching that jerk.

When people show you who they are - believe them.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Your sig other should absolutely be the person you are nice, encouraging, honest, supportive of. I think back on it and I was always the person he was the meanest too.

"My exes are all hotter than you"
    "I'm hotter than you"
    "I don't believe you can lose weight"

So forth and so on. I'm not a punching bag. And I don't believe any of the bull**** he said for a second.

I don't want to sound uppity, but on so many levels he is beneath me and I'm ashamed of myself for staying with

Edited to include: I've just lost "260 lbs of dead weight" :)
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    That's a good way to lose unwanted weight in the form of a douchecanoe who probably will never find another awesome woman like you ever again! Good for you for cutting him loose! You'll find someone better who will support you and cheer you on as you kick *kitten* and take names!

Douche-canoe. I'm going to have to start using that one!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Set him on fire.