Needing inspiration from apple shapes!!

Replies

• hisbeautifulangel
    hisbeautifulangel Posts: 91 Member
    I am so sorry for laughing I can sympathize with you all. I feel like I am shaped more like Ms. Pacman. I too am losing from the bottom up and I can tell I've lost a little in my lower stomach because my jeans are baggy there but still fit my waist.

Yes! My pants were baggy in the thighs but the waist still fit (though starting out I was actually in denial of my size. I was wearing a size 16 when I should have been in a 20 ????) so I bought new pants that fit amazing in the thighs but a bit tight in the hips still lol
  • tianasamour
    tianasamour Posts: 4 Member
    Yup,

I think I have the potential to be somewhat hour glass shaped, BUT MY LACK OF BUTT AND EVER EXTENDING GUT, seem to be doing their very best to prevent this.

If anyone has any tips on creating a derrière out of nothing, I would be ever so grateful.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Yup,

I think I have the potential to be somewhat hour glass shaped, BUT MY LACK OF BUTT AND EVER EXTENDING GUT, seem to be doing their very best to prevent this.

If anyone has any tips on creating a derrière out of nothing, I would be ever so grateful.

I hear squats are great for the butt lol. I recently started doing them so we will see if it does anything for me lol
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    tummy-my problem area too :(
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    I'm definitely an apple--all my weight is around my midsection--and I hear you on wanting a flat stomach! I just posted a nine months progress report earlier today (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1211734-50-pounds-gone-in-nine-months) but I almost held back, because I looked at the pictures and thought my stomach didn't really show that much progress in my eyes. I know from measurements that I am losing inches, I just really want my stomach to be flatter!
  • hisbeautifulangel
    tummy-my problem area too :(

It sucks! What's funny is my friend and I are both losing weight right now. She is pear shaped so she is losing from her upper body mostly she says and is frustrated she isn't losing from the bottom. I'm like "if only we could switch. You start losing from the bottom and give me losing from the top" lol
  • hisbeautifulangel
    I'm definitely an apple--all my weight is around my midsection--and I hear you on wanting a flat stomach! I just posted a nine months progress report earlier today (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1211734-50-pounds-gone-in-nine-months) but I almost held back, because I looked at the pictures and thought my stomach didn't really show that much progress in my eyes. I know from measurements that I am losing inches, I just really want my stomach to be flatter!

You can see a difference! Great job Keep at it!!

Here is my before and current
    image-9.jpg
    image-10.jpg
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Great job!!! That'll go away nicely! Mine was/is more disproportionate, where I have a noticeable pooch at the bottom. Yours is spread out enough that it'll look flatter before mine will :)

Mine's like upper abs: thin (even visible abs) to barely fat; lower than waist midsection: noticeably poochy to overhang if I weigh enough. Right now I have visible top abs and serratus, visible obliques all the way down, and a middle pooch at the bottom, lol. That pooch is shrinking, though!

For butts and thighs that stand up to weight loss, build (like add on!) muscle there at some point. The reason I'm pear-like in the butt and thighs is at least 90% muscle that makes up my measurements. Mine's just genetic, but you can bulk there with a good program :)
  • mommadare07
    mommadare07 Posts: 9 Member
    You are not alone!! My arms are like guy arms :( I went from 224 pounds to 175 in 2 months girl and I still have them arms. Not AS big but yeah. And I still have back fat. My *kitten* did get smaller. :( oh **** do I wish I had an *kitten* :( just have boobs. Lol ok im making myself sad haha

I would post a pic but im on my phone
  • mommadare07
    mommadare07 Posts: 9 Member
    @hisbeautifula!!! I just saw your pics and we are built the same!! Omg!!
  • getcha14
    getcha14 Posts: 19 Member
    You'll get there. been reading that salmon and walnuts are great fatbusters today.x
  • Scampimom
    Scampimom Posts: 19 Member
    Hello fellow Apples!

Even when I was skinny I still had a belly, and now I'm many many many pounds heavier and have had a baby, I now have a delightful apron of tiger-striped flab that flops up and down when I try to exercise!

Whatever shape you are, you'll have something someone else wants and they'll have something you want. I always envy pear shapes for their flat tummies, but then they wish they had long legs for skirts, so hey. I suppose I just want to focus on being in good health for me and *my* shape, with the goald of getting out of the overweight BMI category and into normal - whatever I end up looking like.

"It's like two hosepipes propping up a beanbag" - that's Apples for ya!
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Great job!!! That'll go away nicely! Mine was/is more disproportionate, where I have a noticeable pooch at the bottom. Yours is spread out enough that it'll look flatter before mine will :)

Mine's like upper abs: thin (even visible abs) to barely fat; lower than waist midsection: noticeably poochy to overhang if I weigh enough. Right now I have visible top abs and serratus, visible obliques all the way down, and a middle pooch at the bottom, lol. That pooch is shrinking, though!

For butts and thighs that stand up to weight loss, build (like add on!) muscle there at some point. The reason I'm pear-like in the butt and thighs is at least 90% muscle that makes up my measurements. Mine's just genetic, but you can bulk there with a good program :)

I've been trying to incorporate squats into my workout since my already small butt has been getting even smaller lol.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    You are not alone!! My arms are like guy arms :( I went from 224 pounds to 175 in 2 months girl and I still have them arms. Not AS big but yeah. And I still have back fat. My *kitten* did get smaller. :( oh **** do I wish I had an *kitten* :( just have boobs. Lol ok im making myself sad haha

I would post a pic but im on my phone

Holy crap!! How did you lose that quickly?! Even with busting my *kitten* the most I've been able to lose in a month was 9 lbs!! And now the weightloss is really slow ????

And don't worry, I make myself sad too when I think about how big parts of me still are. Then I look at my fat pics from a year and a half ago and feel better lol
  • hisbeautifulangel
    @hisbeautifula!!! I just saw your pics and we are built the same!! Omg!!

Really? I would love to see pics!! It's so strange because I've seen pics of so many people and everyone's body really is different. I've never found someone close to my body shape.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Hello fellow Apples!

Even when I was skinny I still had a belly, and now I'm many many many pounds heavier and have had a baby, I now have a delightful apron of tiger-striped flab that flops up and down when I try to exercise!

Whatever shape you are, you'll have something someone else wants and they'll have something you want. I always envy pear shapes for their flat tummies, but then they wish they had long legs for skirts, so hey. I suppose I just want to focus on being in good health for me and *my* shape, with the goald of getting out of the overweight BMI category and into normal - whatever I end up looking like.

"It's like two hosepipes propping up a beanbag" - that's Apples for ya!

Lol my friend is pear and I'm apple. She envies my thighs and hips being small and I envy her stomach and shoulder width being small lol
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    This is my profile pic, but I'm not sure if I'm an "apple" shape really. My belly is what prevents me from being in smaller size pants, so I guess I might qualify.

1890995_10102031817039255_1658975810_n.jpg

Edit, this is a full body photo:

20140222_152152_zps48ff6482.jpg?t=1393123334
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Part of it is genetics. I am a pear shape, but when you weigh 250 everything is big and when I lost weight in 1999 I had loose skin on my tummy. I had 6 pack abs at that point in time, well you could only see the top four as the bottom two were hidden from view by the loose skin. I kept the weight off and continued to exercise- still had loose skin on tummy. Later gained almost all the weight back - still had loose skin on a fatty tummy (which is ridiculous). Lost the weight again- loose skin on my tummy. Now I am 7 months pregnant and what should be a cute round pregnant tummy looks weird due to - loose skin. My current profile pic shows me at like 12 weeks and 31 weeks pregnant. You can see in both pictures there is a ridge where my loose skin is, well I can see it and people IRL can see it, but I've gotten used to it and normally just wear clothing that hides it as best I can. I'd rather weigh 150 and have loose skin than be back at my original weight without it...
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Hi fellow apple friends, I feel like I have the worst curse ever of not just being an apple, but also having a distinct B belly. Sometimes it really does look like I'm pregnant because the top half of the B is bigger. However since I've been working out it's gone all lumpy and uneven, so hopefully it's about to disappear. I've been doing squats, walking lots, cycling, rowing machine and weights. My calves are solid, my thighs have toned, my butt feels tighter and my arms have gained a little muscle. The belly remains...
  • hisbeautifulangel
    This is my profile pic, but I'm not sure if I'm an "apple" shape really. My belly is what prevents me from being in smaller size pants, so I guess I might qualify.

1890995_10102031817039255_1658975810_n.jpg

I would say yes you qualify. Apple shapes typically have bigger upper bodies/stomachs. Even at my heaviest yes all of me was big but my stomach really stood out from the rest and after weight loss a lot of me got smaller but that dang belly isn't wanting to go down like the rest of me lol!

Btw you look great!!!