Did Sephora call me fat?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    How dare they call their customers fat! How dare they market this quackery! I'm horrified.

I get penis enlargement stuff all the time online from reputable websites.

'The hell is THAT about?

I haz sad.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    The company is just jealous of you.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    I've found that a quick, high friction, upward/downward motion relieves me of an ounce or two per rubbing session.

16 rubbing sessiions = 1lb/day.

Oh, but to answer you question, yes, they called you fat.

In for quick, high friction rubbing.

I will also take 16 sessions.

Wait, what?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    How dare they call their customers fat! How dare they market this quackery! I'm horrified.

'The hell is THAT about?

I haz sad.

Haha, I am a woman, and I get those emails too. What is THAT about? :laugh:
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Its just the sample of the day. That brand has a whole line of stuff.
    Chill my friend Chill
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Some woman at corporate gets a call from a distributor who wants to improve business, samples are sent to every Sephora store. The store employees are told to put them in every single bag.

Most people say "Hey! Free stuff!" then rub it on their butts.

At least that is what I would do.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    They're probably just handing samples of that particular product out for a certain amount of time. Unfortunately, lots of advertising does count on making their demographic feel like they're inadequate, like they need the product for sale in order to improve themselves and subsequently, their life. I think they just slip those little samples in with your product purchase at the register or hand them out to everyone in the store, no? I might be a little offended (and cop a serious stink-eye) if a salesperson bee-lined to me past other less fluffy patrons with a product like that, but don't take it personally either way!

Edited: Stone said it! I'm so freakin' long-winded, I take forever to post!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Walk into any "beauty" store to purchase products and you're "indirectly" being called "not pretty enough" too if that's your perception from getting a sample packet.

Isn't that what make up is for? To hide flaws and colorfully enhance your weak points?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^Truth right there.

And seriously, it's the product name. If one of the employees walked up to you and said, "Oh my. You definitely need this"...THEN get pissy. Otherwise, don't look for ways to be butthurt.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member

'The hell is THAT about?

I haz sad.
    Wait, do you get the stuff, or just the advertisements?
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    OMG When they give me free samples of their mascara and lip balm, are they trying to tell me my eyelashes are ugly and my lips are crusty?!?!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Nah. All that stuff is extremely popular, don't ask me why. They throw totally random samples into people's bags. I wouldn't take it personally.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    I always get anti aging or acne stuff...I guess I'm old and pimply :/
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Walk into any "beauty" store to purchase products and you're "indirectly" being called "not pretty enough" too if that's your perception from getting a sample packet.

Isn't that what make up is for? To hide flaws and colorfully enhance your weak points?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yeah. It's not called 'make up' for nothing! Make up for what might I ask??
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Yeah, they just have samples that they give to everyone, to try and sell products. The product sample that they gave you is a scam, obviously.
  • Well, they probably didn't look at you and say "hey, she's fat - she needs this" - sorry kiddoh, but they really dont care that much about you in particular - just what's in your wallet. I think you are being over-sensitive.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    OMG When they give me free samples of their mascara and lip balm, are they trying to tell me my eyelashes are ugly and my lips are crusty?!?!

Yes! :laugh:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Do you think it's okay for them to call me fat? Just curious as to your person opinion.
    Absolutely not! Expressions of outrage are in order!
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    maybe it wasn't on purpose. One time at Sephora I got perfume samples for men (and I'm a very well shaped girl).
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    OMG, no. They put in samples for everything they sell. Relax. I love Sephora samples.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    i'd write a letter to the website (with pictures and details) and complain enough to get a big enough gift card to buy a dior mascara