Eating 5-6 small meals a day...Who else does this?

124»

Replies

• I'm doing this too! 6 meals, about 300 calories each. I've only started doing this since four days ago, but so far I think it's working! I've lost about a pound and a half since Monday, and I definitely feel better. I never get too hungry, and I never get too full when I finish my meal. Just satisfied enough. I think this is the way we were meant to eat! :)
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    I feel like I'm eating ALL the time. I eat at least 5 small meals a day, sometimes 6 or 7. More for curbing hunger like some have said...keeps me from overindulging on any given meal....well, most of the time anyway. For me, it's worked wonderfully, but the true point is, that only the deficit will help you lose weight. Every person and body is different and you need to find what works for you physically and mentally. There is a science to it, but the line varies for everyone. BUT the good news is that your allowance of calories and deficit, may yield many more calories than you actually think it will. I am a true believer and proof that you do not need to starve to lose weight. You just need to eat more sensibly, make wiser choices, and you'll get more "bang for your buck" with calories. Good luck to you!!!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    If I wake up earlier, I tend to be a grazer. On the weekends, I get to sleep in and I'm fine with a big lunch and modest dinner.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I am *much* hungrier at 10a on days I have breakfast than days I do not.
  • beccamh
    beccamh Posts: 85 Member
    I do! Helps keep my energy up throughout the day and keeps me from getting hungry. I love that I never feel stuffed and sick from eating so much. Before this I tried IF (basically the opposite) and I ate the same number of calories, lost the same amount of weight but always felt either starving or really full and never really comfortable. So not for me, but obviously it works really well for some people.

:)