1340 calories over Goal yesterday.

Yesterday I went to dinner with my wife. I ended up eating 1340 calories over my goal yesterday. Is that a record? LOL. Back to counting calories today... What I find interesting is I use to eat like this all the time, with the mfp app, I have a better understanding of the foods that go into my diet. Before I would get discourage about days like yesterday and continue on with my eating frenzy the next day, But now, I know I can make up for it this week by staying under my goal and also exercising.

Replies

• eekp
    eekp Posts: 4 Member
    Best part about MFP for me is seeing how much sodium, carbs, and fat are in the foods we eat...amazing. What an eye opener for me. I think we can all relate to overeating...one day at a time and each day is a new day, right? Much luck with your motivation and goals!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    I didn't go over yesterday, but we also went out to eat...heck this whole week has been a crap food fest lol. I can tell because I'm retaining water.,
  • jackies_42
    jackies_42 Posts: 22 Member
    Hey, we all have bad days and yes - we did eat like that every day. Good for you to track even though you know it wasn't going to be a good day. I did the same on Friday, I decided to track it even though I knew it was going to be over my calorie goal.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    I went over yesterday (my cheat day) and tracked it. Today I feel like crap and I'm back on track today! I love the MFP app!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Yesterday I went to dinner with my wife. I ended up eating 1340 calories over my goal yesterday. Is that a record? LOL. Back to counting calories today... What I find interesting is I use to eat like this all the time, with the mfp app, I have a better understanding of the foods that go into my diet. Before I would get discourage about days like yesterday and continue on with my eating frenzy the next day, But now, I know I can make up for it this week by staying under my goal and also exercising.

Sorry, not even close to the record!! :noway:

I've noticed that since I've begun to track diligently, even eating out has become easier. I went to a restaurant Friday night (sushi, admittedly, but still a restaurant!) and only went over my cals that day by 303! I was able to make up for it by working out an extra hour or so on Saturday. I don't even LOOK at the sodium anymore, though. I track my fiber instead. I began tracking my sodium but it just discouraged me so I rearranged my priorities.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    I've done 3000-4000 over days on purpose. I've heard of guys that do 5000-10000. These are scheduled cheat days mind you and it doesn't happen daily.
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    Sounds like you have developed a good attitude OP :smile:

I went 700 over last night with my usual Saturday pizza fest but did save quite a few up having only a small lunch and breakfast, and today is a workout day so it's all good until next Saturday! :drinker:

I'm not sure what anyone's MFP record is but i'd bet it's a lot more than 1340! :laugh:
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Yesterday was my daughter's birthday - I had way too much pizza and then a two huge piecse of cake so I didn't track it but I know I was over. Today, back in the saddle. You are right, before I would have just continued the binge fest but I feel more in control this time. (It helps that I felt physically ill after all of that yesterday and don't want to go back).
  • gmadkins2
    gmadkins2 Posts: 8 Member

LMAO!!
  • gmadkins2
    gmadkins2 Posts: 8 Member
    Sweet, I got something to shoot for on my next cheat day!!!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    :laugh: 1340? cute! as you've been told... not a record.:flowerforyou:
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    good for you for realizing one day isn't the end of your diet :)

This is by far the biggest difference between losing weight and not, and it's wholly mental. For me it was like flipping on a switch, all of the sudden I just understood and that sometimes it's good to have these "cheat" days.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member

Definitely. I've eaten 1340 over my calories for the day on just the salad at a place we used to go to all the time (you have to try pretty hard to make a salad with 700 calories per bowl). I can't imagine how much over I would be if I factored in the 2 or 3 appetizers, bread, main course, dessert and my other meals for the day :|
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Love your attitude! So often people that post a subject like this are freaked out and there are several of these in the post--> :sad: I went 1389 over yesterday myself. I cringed when I logged it all but today's a new day! :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Amatuer. Try 3400 over goal after an eating contest at a party. I ate 2 whole party bags of M&M's and half a large pizza.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Get lifting and use the surplus calories to build muscle :)
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Sounds like a NSV to me. The way you're now looking at food and intake is a wonderful achievement, not to mention your outlook. So healthy and realistic to say, "yup...went over, but it was fun and delicious....now back to it!" That's how people are successful. Good for you!
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    WTG! the biggest improvement for me has been using the settings for a 7 day rolling average on calories- It gives me a number update daily on how many calories I am UNDER my weekly goal-
    I use that bit of extra allowance for the cheat type of meals-like jack astors last night! Before I would have gone over my daily calorie allowance and freaked, felt bad, and prolly sabotaged the week. Now- I eat- making better choices and tracking everything and I can see the bigger picture now how it affects my week, not just the day.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    :laugh: 1340? cute! as you've been told... not a record.:flowerforyou:

^Haha, this! Glad the MFP app is working for you. At first, I was a bit freaked out when I found out how many calories are in certain foods, but now I find it rather empowering keeping it under control with some flexibility.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    That would be a record for me.

Good plan though move on from the bad day and start over. When i go over I don't try to go under the rest of the week I just stay within my limits and workout a bit more.

I agree MFP is the best, it makes you aware of what you are putting in your mouth. Who would of thought a salad could be over 1k calories.