How many baby carrots equal a serving?

I want to pack baby carrots in my lunch tomorrow, but I don't want to over indulge. The package says 3oz is a serving, but I have no idea how many carrots that is (approximately) and I don't own a scale. Does anyone know how many carrots I should pack?

56777735.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Since theyre difference sizes it's hard to tell you exactly depending on the cut of the carrot ... but id say approximately 5 of the thicker ones and 10 of the small thin ones?
  • WendyB1211
    WendyB1211 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you. I was guessing around 6 or 7. You have provided me with a little more confidence.

56777735.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    I'd say it's pretty hard to overindulge on carrots, since they're pretty low calorie, unless you eat the whole bag.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Tough to gain weight on carrots. Just pack however many you want.
  • thesevolatiletimes
    thesevolatiletimes Posts: 59 Member
    I once used a food scale. It was around 13-15, depending on how large the carrots were. So, I'd say about 15 is the general standard for 3 oz of baby carrots! :)
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    The package usually says 14 baby carrots.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    3 oz is more than 7 carrots
    BL_Org_4_3oz.jpg

One small pack = 3 oz
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Read the bag.. my bag of baby carrots says 14 carrots or 85g.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    It depends. My advice is to buy a scale. For carrots it may not matter but other things (nuts for example) it can really make a difference.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    If you eat too many carrots your hands will turn orange, but you could pack around 10 baby carrots without running into problems. Carrots are pretty low calorie.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    If you eat too many carrots your hands will turn orange, but you could pack around 10 baby carrots without running into problems. Carrots are pretty low calorie.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Nine. I googled it once. Nine baby peeled ready to eat carrots is 3 oz.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    It depends. My advice is to buy a scale. For carrots it may not matter but other things (nuts for example) it can really make a difference.

^this
  • WendyB1211
    WendyB1211 Posts: 6 Member
    ha ha ha...I remember my son turning orange when he was a baby. I am going to go look at scales this week. Although 7 seemed like a good size portion for me. :smile: It would nice to know I can have more.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I use a scale average between 10-13 baby carrots for 3oz worth. Like others have said it depends because they come in different thickness and sizes.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Food scales are pretty cheap and takes the guesswork out of these kinds of things. I'd also say to get one. :)