Realistic 1-10 attractiveness scale

Replies

• Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Tidefan...automatic 1/10
    You lurve meeee. :blushing:
  • When I woke up this morning my first thought was that we need an accurate hotness list. I mean, really, who has the time to think these through? Except for you. Thanks for contributing. Now we can all live the dream.

I dunno. This guy pretty much ruined my day. I got a "0 / 10 Wouldnt Bang For a Million Dollars" once.

So does that mean Im like a negative 4?

152239.gif

There, there.

This might help.

090911_schweddy_balls_ice_cream_t.jpg

MMMMMMmmmmmm Thank you!

wtf-japan-gif-eat-icecream.gif
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Op says that the past scores given are at times not accurate. How do you know? One may find me to be a 9, others may see me as a 5. It all boils down to personal preference. Some men like a girl with tattoos and a big butt (me) or a girl with no tats and a fitter body. Whocares? Let them rate people as they like.
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    I don't really find a lot of models attractive, or actors for that matter. I mean, yeah some actors are pretty good looking but others are really not. Models without their makeup? I've seen a few. Not a 10. Factor in their intelligence and personality and they fall far short of that goal. I have no desire to attempt to place myself among them, mostly because I find myself far more attractive than any of them, save a few gems that crop up and seem like decent human beings. Numerical values are pointless. But bring them on if you want. I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm fabulous. :)
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    I used to be a 7.5 now I am a 4....I am trying to get back to a 6 hopefully...lol
  • Im a 10 OP. I just look at myself in the mirror and I ...

jimp-o.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    I just want ice cream. Or a cookie. Keep your scale to yourself. I hate scales. They're so mean. :sad:

Okay, not serious, but am gonna eat a donut. Just because there are no beignets.
  • BikerChickAlice
    BikerChickAlice Posts: 36 Member
    OP: Great fire lighting! :-P I love your touch of reality scale. By the way I think your a 10. I would totally bang your brains out! LMAO. Just kidding, but in all seriousness your a good looking guy and seems like a wonderful Dad and husband. I'd say that pretty much makes you gold dust Aka a 10. I would consider myself around a 6 on your scale. I'm not going to participate because too many people are getting cranky... Pretty much what you said would happen! ;-)

OK sonofabeach obviously doesn't take this too seriously! 6!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    :angry:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member

Still a 10, despite the fact that she loathes me. :kicks rocks:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Clint is a 9
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Still a solid "10" ;-)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

Still a 10, despite the fact that she loathes me. :kicks rocks:
    not an by any stretch of the imagination

and i do not loathe you.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    This "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" stuff is only partly true. Yes, different people do have different social conditioning that impacts what they do or do not find attractive. However, there is indeed SCIENCE (GASP!) in what makes people attractive, and since when we "rate" people on MFP we are doing so almost exclusively based on physical appearance and the attraction that stems from that, to say that we are also factoring in someone's personality/heart/etc is pretty disingenous.

I'm sure many of you have heard of "Hot or Not.com", which used to be a free site (I think it's member/pay now?) where you uploaded photos of yourself and could ANONYMOUSLY rate others. Talk about a realistic view of what other people think of you; there would literally be thousands of views of your pictures, and they would average them out to your aggregate score. I consider myself a decent looking guy, and (at the time I think I was like 19-20 years old), I was averaging a 7.3. Of note, I of course selected my most flattering pictures, so in actuality I'm probably a ~7 or less on a scale of 1-10.

Some interesting tidbits from research that Cambridge did on a similar scale:

-People who are themselves less attractive tend to undervalue attractiveness in others, preferring to instead prioritize personality traits like kindness and sense of humor.

-Show women a photo of a man, and they'll rate him as more attractive when he's pictured posing with other women than when he's alone (or when he's with other men). The very same man gets rated as more attractive when he's described as married versus single.

-Mate-choice copying is extremely influential. In other words, what OTHER people that you value in your life find attractive, you often do too. (A.K.A. Junior High School groupthink). So context does have a place.

There are other factors, such as physique, symmetry of physical/facial features, masculine features such as a square jaw/broad shoulders, and feminine features such as full lips and proportionate curves that are universally held as "attractive".

Again, remove personality from the equation - which we should largely be doing on MFP - and attractiveness will have some deviation but largely be consistent if people are being truthful instead of "kind".
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    I have no interest in assigning a numerical value to someone, or having one assigned to me, I just thought this thread was amusing.

That's my thing. I can't help it's nothing more than simple vanity/insecurity to feel the need to be "rated," as if some stranger finding you attractive will somehow validate you. Also, pics are not really great indicators of attractiveness. I can find a pic where I'm a 9, and I can think of even more where I am a 5. Personally, I also know at least two people that are not extremely attractive, but are so self-assured, people are automatically drawn to them.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    I'm sure many of you have heard of "Hot or Not.com", which used to be a free site (I think it's member/pay now?) where you uploaded photos of yourself and could ANONYMOUSLY rate others. Talk about a realistic view of what other people think of you; there would literally be thousands of views of your pictures, and they would average them out to your aggregate score. I consider myself a decent looking guy, and (at the time I think I was like 19-20 years old), I was averaging a 7.3. Of note, I of course selected my most flattering pictures, so in actuality I'm probably a ~7 or less on a scale of 1-10.

Why would you subject yourself to "Hot or Not"? Was it a need for attention or did you think it actually had some value? :huh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    So only appearance influences attractiveness?