Realistic 1-10 attractiveness scale

Replies

• HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    I have no interest in assigning a numerical value to someone, or having one assigned to me, I just thought this thread was amusing.

10/10

Hahahahaha!!! :laugh: I'm a solid four. On a good day. Which is fine, since I'm also smart, a dang good cook, a good mother, and a mostly decent human being.
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Just wanted to put this out there since I see a lot of these rating threads, which are rendered meaningless by how EVERYONE is 7-10.

99.99% of us simply aren't that attractive, and I think it's disingenuous. Now, I also recognize that the real intent of those threads is getting an ego boost for everyone and nobody wants to hurt feelings, so maybe this is meaningless, but... Here's what I think the scale should be if we're actually wanting to get rated (and recognizing that it's very subjective, and that Persona can sway this to a HUGE degree)

10 - Helen of Troy, Apollo, some supermodels, a person so beautiful that it practically hurts to look at them. You might see one or two of them in the flesh in your whole life. The kind of person you who would walk by and cause you to stop mid-sentence and stare. One in a million, probably even less.

9 - Smokin hot. Wow. You will be remembered by people who walk past you on the street for some time to come. Underwear models and movie stars, including 'those' movies. People think about you when they are naked and alone. It's possible that there's a handful of them on this site.

8 - The very top of normal, bottom of 'wow'. Most models for regular products (IE, shampoo or cars but not underwear) The most attractive 2-3 people you know in real life. Top 4%-5% on this site.

7 - Hey there, starting to look pretty good. Stand out in a crowd, no problem getting dates/hook-ups if they want to and have a human personality and there's no really beautiful people around.

6 - Attractive, the kind of person you would describe as, "Well, I guess they are kinda pretty/handsome" Wouldn't feel short-changed to get set up with them on a blind date.

5 - Middle of the road! Due to subjectivity, some find them mildly attractive, some find them mildly attractive. Style and persona could really sway this one way or another. Your eyes would glide right over them in a crowd.

4 - Unattractive, but somebody in love could think them beautiful in their 'own special way'. Not somebody you approach without knowing anything else about them.

3 - The ugliest an 'average' person will get. Picture the absolute least attractive 2-3 people you know in real life.

2 - Frighteningly ugly, probably still a victim of some malady that makes them look the way they do. Takes work to not stare, probably think to yourself, "God DAMN you ugly!"

1 - Barely recognizable as a human. Perhaps a vitcim of a horrific accident or fire, or perhaps a terrible genetic abberation. Children stop and stare, adults struggle to not stare. At this point you just feel sympathy.

LMAO!!!!!! This scale right here got me dying!!!! Loving the Helen of Troy part..what yall know about that? hahaha
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Hey, if those forums are the only place I can get a 9 or 10, why would you try to take that away from me?? Just WHY?? :angry:

In all honesty I think you are absolutely right, but it’s nice to be nice.... so I will keep on giving out my high scores.... unless you are a 1-3, then I will wait for someone else to post and lie to them…. You know how when that one person posts and there is suddenly a long awkward pause in the postings, yeah, that sucks.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Ah, the complete inability to communicate tone + people's assumptions...

On my best day, I give myself a 6.5

You're being generous.

Entirely possible, absolutely probable. This is how I feel when I see myself on my most confident day, which is certainly not every day. Does not = 'I think I am hot or better' This has absolutely jack to do with how good anybody is.

All these things are HUGELY subjective. I never imposed my definitions of what a 4 looked like, as that would be ridiculous.

Everyone likes to hear nice things about themselves, but I just got annoyed seeing those threads, which seem to start at 7, and thought it might be mildly entertaining to write out what I thought an honest scale would look like. THAT IS ALL

I think that 'hotness scales' are, frankly, ridiculous things. But I don't think that I edged out anybody's very serious conversations about who they would spank vs. date or if they think OP looks more like a monkey or a pickle. So thank you to a few posters who brought some much-needed gravitas to this silly thread in an intentionally goofy forum on a site about dieting.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Uhhh...7.5

You're being generous.

Entirely possible, absolutely probable. This is how I feel when I see myself on my most confident day, which is certainly not every day. Does not = 'I think I am hot or better'

All these things are HUGELY subjective. I never imposed my definitions of what a 4 looked like, as that would be ridiculous.

Everyone likes to hear nice things about themselves, but I just got annoyed seeing those threads, which seem to start at 7, and thought it might be mildly entertaining to write out what I thought an honest scale would look like. THAT IS ALL

I think that 'hotness scales' are, frankly, ridiculous things. But I don't think that I edged out anybody's very serious conversations about who they would spank vs. date or if they think OP looks more like a monkey or a pickle. So thank you to a few posters who brought some much-needed gravitas to this silly thread in an intentionally goofy forum on a site about dieting.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    I'm sure many of you have heard of "Hot or Not.com", which used to be a free site (I think it's member/pay now?) where you uploaded photos of yourself and could ANONYMOUSLY rate others. Talk about a realistic view of what other people think of you; there would literally be thousands of views of your pictures, and they would average them out to your aggregate score. I consider myself a decent looking guy, and (at the time I think I was like 19-20 years old), I was averaging a 7.3. Of note, I of course selected my most flattering pictures, so in actuality I'm probably a ~7 or less on a scale of 1-10.

Why would you subject yourself to "Hot or Not"? Was it a need for attention or did you think it actually had some value? :huh:

I was a dumb 19 year old single male...is any more explanation needed? :huh: And because it was a fun competition between friends to see who's rating was best. A few weeks on there, a few laughs/jokes, and we all forgot about it.

I'm sure you never did anything vapid at that age though? :laugh:
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    I'm sure many of you have heard of "Hot or Not.com", which used to be a free site (I think it's member/pay now?) where you uploaded photos of yourself and could ANONYMOUSLY rate others. Talk about a realistic view of what other people think of you; there would literally be thousands of views of your pictures, and they would average them out to your aggregate score. I consider myself a decent looking guy, and (at the time I think I was like 19-20 years old), I was averaging a 7.3. Of note, I of course selected my most flattering pictures, so in actuality I'm probably a ~7 or less on a scale of 1-10.

Why would you subject yourself to "Hot or Not"? Was it a need for attention or did you think it actually had some value? :huh:

I was a dumb 19 year old single male...is any more explanation needed? :huh: And because it was a fun competition between friends to see who's rating was best. A few weeks on there, a few laughs/jokes, and we all forgot about it.

I'm sure you never did anything vapid at that age though? :laugh:
    Random thought...Love the camo & that you used the word "vapid". :love:
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302

You're being generous.

Entirely possible, absolutely probable. This is how I feel when I see myself on my most confident day, which is certainly not every day. Does not = 'I think I am hot or better' This has absolutely jack to do with how good anybody is.

You are actually a good looking guy *nohomo
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Random thought...Love the camo & that you used the word "vapid". :love:

Haha, yeah...I'm somewhat of a Renaissance Man. :wink: Thanks for the compliment!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    7 cause DAT V

• You are actually a good looking guy *nohomo

Haahaha I love this.

You am I voting for here, myself or the person above?
  • 7 cause DAT V

Oh and what she said.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    7 lovely eyes
  • 7 lovely eyes

Snap :)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Wait, am I rating myself or someone else?

Me? I rate grumpy old troll somedays and an 8 other days. I might have been a 9 that one day in July 2003, but just that one day.
  • cherie515
    cherie515 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm assigning myself a 3.14159..cuz everyone luvz pi(e)!