P90x3: Classic or Lean?

Buhbee
Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
I just got my p90x3 package in Friday and I'm torn on which schedule to choose from. My background: a jillian fanatic and have completed Body Revolution and Hard Body where I lost all my baby weight and definitely look more toned. Right now my goal is to lose around 5-10 lbs and trim down my belly pooch. I would like a little muscle (I mean who doesn't want Michelle Obama's arms?!) but my goal is not to look bulky. I'm 5'1 and very petite so that look is not very flattering lol. Any advice would be fantastic!

Replies

• Buhbee
    Bump
  • Buhbee
    Anyone?
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Hi. I'm on week 8 of the Lean schedule. I love the workouts. Also a huge Jillian fan and have done most of her workouts several times. She also saw me through baby weight loss. I find P90X3 very enjoyable, but not as tough as Jillian in general and you don't do the same weight work, so I really wouldn't worry about bulking. I actually throw in a bit of another workout after usually, and I miss weights. The workouts really are enjoyable and by no means easy. Sadly I'm not losing anything though, not even cms, so I have wondered if I picked the right schedule after all. Too late now. Lol. I do see improvement in my core strength and balance.

How was Hard Body? Is it tough? Did you get good results? I haven't tried that one, thoughI've done almost all of hers.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Beachbody recommends everyone should start with the classic phase. Personally, any routines that reduces cardio and increases resistance training is a huge win. The results won't be much different though (regardless of how BB packages it) as weight loss is achieve through a deficit, not a fitness program. The biggest key is working to sustain your muscle mass to help you get lean and stay strong.
  • Buhbee
    I texted my husband about it while he was at work and when he walked in the door he surprised me with a chin up bar lol. So I am going to switch to classic. I'm still going to finish out the week on lean since I already started it anyways. As far as hardbody, it's a great program, the only problem is that each workout is 45 min compared to the typical 30. I just ordered the one week shred on amazon and can't wait for it to come in the mail. I really will just buy everything she makes lol.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    One more thing, to address the tummy pouch comment.. Depending on where your current weight stands, it's possible that a weight loss program might not be beneficial. But really I would really need to know what your stats are. Overall, body composition is the major determining factor for definition.