A Compliment Made Me Cry

I've lost a bit of weight recently, especially since I've been logging on to MFP every day. I was really please about this because one of my favorite dresses was beginning to get a bit tight on me. After wearing it to a party the other night and discovering it to be looser than what I remembered, I told my boyfriend how happy that made me.

He turned to me and said, "You are beautiful. You would be beautiful if you were thinner, and you would be beautiful if you were heavier. You are just beautiful."

I started to cry because I felt so loved. I have never felt more accepted in my entire life.

Replies

• Nascha333
    Nascha333 Posts: 56
    awwwwww! that is amazing!
    He's a keeper! ;)
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    So sweet - love it when a man knows how to give a sincere compliment :)
  • kingdomsora48
    kingdomsora48 Posts: 22 Member
    Thats when you know you have a keeper! Very sweet, and congratz to you as well! :)
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    That's so sweet!
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    wonderful!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    I've lost a bit of weight recently, especially since I've been logging on to MFP every day. I was really please about this because one of my favorite dresses was beginning to get a bit tight on me. After wearing it to a party the other night and discovering it to be looser than what I remembered, I told my boyfriend how happy that made me.

He turned to me and said, "You are beautiful. You would be beautiful if you were thinner, and you would be beautiful if you were heavier. You are just beautiful."

I started to cry because I felt so loved. I have never felt more accepted in my entire life.

Awwwwwwh, what a sweetheart :) Good job, keep doing what your doing.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    total win! He obviously loves you! :heart:
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Thanks for sharing the warm fuzzies :flowerforyou:
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Loved reading this, OP, it made me smile at the end of a tough day. Congratulations on finding a man who clearly cherishes you.
  • That is so sweet of him! Good men see you for your heart not your weight!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    First of all he is a definite KEEPER!!! Congrats on your loss.. My hubby tells me the same thing, and his sweet sayings and believing in me & his constant support keeps me MOTIVATED!!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    :heart: that's just beautiful.
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    sometimes it's hard to see what others do but hearing from someone you love makes it so much more meaningful :-) he's a keeper
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I'm happy to say that we are now engaged. I couldn't be happier if I tried.
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    well...you've got a keeper right there!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Totally didn't read correctly on the engagement :)

Congratulations :)
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Oh yay! Congratulations :)
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Are you dating my husband?! Just kidding.

That is awesome. Guys like that are hard to find and are definitely worth keeping. :)
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Yup. I asked him. It was adorable.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I'm happy to say that we are now engaged. I couldn't be happier if I tried.
    Wait a minute....

You posted a month ago about his comment, and now you two are engaged?

That might be be coolest follow-up to an original post ever.

Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!