Garcinia Cambogia

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member

but hey, you got this covered.

not that any of us have a clue about how to lose weight....

...myself included.

Not everyone is born with the same awesome genetics as you. And you're male so of coarse loosing weight is easy.

You North Carolinians think you're hot *kitten*

It has NOTHING absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics. It has everything to do with calorie deficits, hard work, dedication, and not wasting money on this months fad pills.

tumblr_mnlzuyhZKr1s4ifcho1_400.gif
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    My husband is taking a pill that has both Garcinia Cambogia and green coffee bean and has lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks... I can't take pills so I am taking chewable of each and I have lost 17 pounds in 8 weeks. I workout but he doesn't. Don't know how "magic" they are but for me they make me where I am hardly ever hungry any more and to me that is am amazing tool to have!
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Try it out, and maybe it'll work for you. Even if it were a placebo effect, that's still better than not doing anything right? Just don't expect it to be a miracle drug that magically melts your weight off without diet, exercise and pooping.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    I know right?
    I lost my dog, but once I started taking Garcon Cambodia she came back!
    Thanks Dr. Oz!
    I hear you, man. I had scoliosis, halitosis, tuberculosis and even persistent osmosis when the hypnosis didn't work. But once I started ingesting the wonder of Garçon Camborgia, my socks all match, my man came back, my truck started, and I discovered the music of Rush!

Thanks, Precious Roy!

pr.gif
  • CBC435
    CBC435 Posts: 103 Member
    I did try it once since there was a deal on groupon and did nothing except some gassy stomach pains?? I literally took it for a week then dumped it. Not worth the time and money :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Try it out, and maybe it'll work for you. Even if it were a placebo effect, that's still better than not doing anything right? Just don't expect it to be a miracle drug that magically melts your weight off without diet, exercise and pooping.

I would argue that the placebo effect for gimmicky fads like this are actually very counterproductive to meaningful results...because people tie their success to the product when their overall plan was never tenable long-term anyhow.

"I took Product X and ate 500 calories per day and lost 20 pounds in two weeks!!!" And then when they can't sustain (because it's physiologically improbable), rebound, then decide to "get serious" again after regaining the 20 pounds and then some, they buy more Product X and do it again *because it worked so well last time* (which is defined as losing 20 pounds in two weeks).

It's a horribly vicious cycle that many of us here try hard to counter (for some strange inexplicable reason).

ETA: That said, at the end of the day, every person here gets to choose for themselves what they will or will not try.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member

I would argue that the placebo effect for gimmicky fads like this are actually very counterproductive to meaningful results...because people tie their success to the product when their overall plan was never tenable long-term anyhow.

"I took Product X and ate 500 calories per day and lost 20 pounds in two weeks!!!" And then when they can't sustain (because it's physiologically improbable), rebound, then decide to "get serious" again after regaining the 20 pounds and then some, they buy more Product X and do it again *because it worked so well last time* (which is defined as losing 20 pounds in two weeks).

It's a horribly vicious cycle that many of us here try hard to counter (for some strange inexplicable reason).

ETA: That said, at the end of the day, every person here gets to choose for themselves what they will or will not try.

Jof - it's really the epic farts that people describe that are selling me on this product.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Jof - it's really the epic farts that people describe that are selling me on this product.

My disdain of this particular product was *before* I learned about that. I'm actually reevaluating my stance on it.

Are they epic in quantity or quality? Are they trustworthy or suspect? (Because what's the use of them if you can't unleash them with wild abandon?) Is it a sulfur-like quality or more of a stinging tartness to them?

I obviously need more details before I make up my mind.
  • likitisplit

My disdain of this particular product was *before* I learned about that. I'm actually reevaluating my stance on it.

Are they epic in quantity or quality? Are they trustworthy or suspect? (Because what's the use of them if you can't unleash them with wild abandon?) Is it a sulfur-like quality or more of a stinging tartness to them?

I obviously need more details before I make up my mind.

I haven't done a lit review, but this is an anecdotal statement from page 2:

"It was crap. Did not help but did make me have awesome farts :) "

Another one: "I did try it once since there was a deal on groupon and did nothing except some gassy stomach pains??"

A couple of the people promoting it speak of "side effects on both frequent need to void and drink."
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    My husband is taking a pill that has both Garcinia Cambogia and green coffee bean and has lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks... I can't take pills so I am taking chewable of each and I have lost 17 pounds in 8 weeks. I workout but he doesn't. Don't know how "magic" they are but for me they make me where I am hardly ever hungry any more and to me that is am amazing tool to have!

It has nothing to do with the 1200 calorie diet?
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member

It has nothing to do with the 1200 calorie diet?

Like I stated previously, I only started the 1200 calorie diet 10 days ago. And my husband isn't dieting and eats more than triple the amount I do... And the doctor put me on this diet a few years back and I stopped it because I was always hungry and super pissy and mean and tired 24/7... All I stated above that since taking this I am never hungry not that IT is making me lose weight. I took it for 50+ days before restricting calories to 1200. But yes of course it is diet and exercise that is making me actually lose the weight... This just keeps me from being starving 24/7 and binging on my husbands crap food.
  • helsingj
    helsingj Posts: 4
    It did not work for me and got what Dr. Oz spoke about...I use Shakeology since I am a Beach Body Coach and I have lost at least 7 pounds. I love this meal replacement shake that is full of nutrition.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    It did not work for me and got what Dr. Oz spoke about...I use Shakeology since I am a Beach Body Coach and I have lost at least 7 pounds. I love this meal replacement shake that is full of nutrition.

LMAO, phenomenal. So far we've had crappy green coffee bean extract, garcinia cambogia and now ShakeO touted.
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Beside the gas and hate ( lol) on a serious note, most of this magic pills increase heart rate...I thought I pass that around, not being sarcastic either. Save your money and GL to you OP :smile:
  • likitisplit

LMAO, phenomenal. So far we've had crappy green coffee bean extract, garcinia cambogia and now ShakeO touted.

No kidding! Can we at least get a comparison?

Farting: GC
    Stomach Pain: GC
    Need to Void: GC
    Need to Drink: GC

Anybody have experience with the other "supplements"?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member

I'd be especially interested in the raspberry ketones, along with juicing, water fasts and the unicorn poop diet.
  • likitisplit

I'd be especially interested in the raspberry ketones, along with juicing, water fasts and the unicorn poop diet.

I'm pretty sure that Unicorn Poop is high in "Need to Void"
  • Fastbunnie
    Fastbunnie Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you very informative. Food for thought.
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 71 Member
    For those of you that want to bash anyone for taking it, go ahead. I am doing what I feel is right for me. No one diet is the right one for everyone. You need to find what works for you.:glasses:

calorie deficit = weight loss
    how you get there is up to you.

we bash stupid ideas. You know, starving yourself on a VLCD that's gonna fail. Same for people that show up here with 10 lbs to lose and think that they can just do it overnight. You COULD lose weight on a cocaine and peanut butter diet... but we'd probably bash it too.

Wanna spend money on a freaking pill that you think is going to make a difference? Fine. You could be spending that money on stuff that makes a difference.. you know.. like a food scale, or food, or a good pair of running shoes... or some weights for the home gym.

but hey, you got this covered.

not that any of us have a clue about how to lose weight....

...myself included.

TL;DR? They don't make a difference in the long run. They don't make a difference in the short run. If you're hungry, why not assess how much you should be eating, and eat that much. You know, get filling foods.. like proteins/fats/fiber.

This topic has come and gone 100,000 times before this post. The responses are the same because they are what works. Oz is a freaking quack that gets paid to shill out garbage.

Since you don't know me, I won't take offense to what you have to say. FYI ... I am losing weight with modifications and exercise. I am taking GC to assist .... ASSIST .... in my efforts. Not everyone is able to lose weight the same way. Does anyone take B12? That's a supplement. You take what you need to take to help. No you can't lose weight with magic. But if it is helping someone, why trash it?

I am just glad that I am not friends with most in this thread. With friends like this, I'm surprised anyone would be able to lose weight. All you are looking to do is try and sabotage anyone's efforts. Even if you don't agree .... don't jump down their throats and be condescending jerks.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member

I am just glad that I am not friends with most in this thread. With friends like this, I'm surprised anyone would be able to lose weight. All you are looking to do is try and sabotage anyone's efforts. Even if you don't agree .... don't jump down their throats and be condescending jerks.
    Giving real advice against magic pills and potions =/= sabotage
This discussion has been closed.