Realistic 1-10 attractiveness scale

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Just wanted to put this out there since I see a lot of these rating threads, which are rendered meaningless by how EVERYONE is 7-10.

99.99% of us simply aren't that attractive,

10 - Helen of Troy, Apollo, some supermodels,

9 - Smokin hot. Wow.

8 - The very top of normal, bottom of 'wow'.

7 - Hey there, starting to look pretty good.

6 - Attractive,

5 - Middle of the road!

4 - Unattractive, but somebody in love could think them beautiful in their 'own special way'.

3 - The ugliest an 'average' person will get.

2 - Frighteningly ugly, probably still a victim of some malady that makes them look the way they do.

1 - Barely recognizable as a human. Perhaps a vitcim of a horrific accident or fire, or perhaps a terrible genetic abberation.

AWWWW! Does somebunny feel unappreciated?

tumblr_lk86xccuke1qhxt6zo1_400.gif

For ratings 1 and 2, if the person is the victim of disfigurement, you are an *kitten* for pointing it out and assigning a rating to their misfortune.

You sir, are truly ugly.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Love how this "hate the ratings" thread turned into a typical ratings thread.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Love how this "hate the ratings" thread turned into a typical ratings thread.

9 :flowerforyou:
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Just wanted to put this out there since I see a lot of these rating threads, which are rendered meaningless by how EVERYONE is 7-10.

9 - Smokin hot. Wow.

6 - Attractive,

5 - Middle of the road!

4 - Unattractive, but somebody in love could think them beautiful in their 'own special way'.

2 - Frighteningly ugly, probably still a victim of some malady that makes them look the way they do.

1 - Barely recognizable as a human. Perhaps a vitcim of a horrific accident or fire, or perhaps a terrible genetic abberation.

tumblr_lhn0e2StTD1qacj8wo1_500.gif

For ratings 1 and 2, if the person is the victim of disfigurement, you are an *kitten* for pointing it out and assigning a rating to their misfortune.

You sir, are truly ugly.

And you....I can't even look at you without blushing.

tumblr_mc62ixFbpF1ry6wqf.gif

:flowerforyou:
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Where are all my 5 brothers at? Holla!

(Nobody will reply to this because I'm a 5 that nobody notices, right OP?)

:-P

Grow that beard sir. At least a 7 :)
    Haha, it's quite longer now...and thank you :):flowerforyou:
  • sklarbodds

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Awwww.... :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Realistically thinking, I'm a 5 or a 6. I don't feel that I'm so pretty that I'm a 7 or above and I'm okay with that.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    9, love that smile!
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member

You're definitely cute enough that I'm sure most women on this site have noticed you haha.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member

9 - Smokin hot. Wow.

6 - Attractive,

5 - Middle of the road!

You sir, are truly ugly.

And you, ma'am, have completely missed my point.

I don't like rating threads, don't believe I have ever participated in one, and have pointed out repeatedly that they are very silly and subjective. What I was pointing out and trying to poke fun at were the self-indulgent threads where everybody was rating everybody else as "off the charts physically gorgeous".

If people just want random strangers to type the words, "I think you are beautiful" on a public forum, then be honest about it.
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302

9 - Smokin hot. Wow.

6 - Attractive,

5 - Middle of the road!

You sir, are truly ugly.

I don't like rating threads, don't believe I have ever participated in one, and have pointed out repeatedly that they are very silly and subjective. What I was pointing out and trying to poke fun at were the self-indulgent threads where everybody was rating everybody else as "off the charts physically gorgeous".

If people just want random strangers to type the words, "I think you are beautiful" on a public forum, then be honest about it.

You take things way too seriously and have you ever considered for most of these people it is simply a motivation tool to stay on track. Sure we rate people very high but at least he/she remains on the forum for further support, making a lifestyle change is not easy and it takes as much as one negative comment for people to throw in the towel.

If you find the thread offensive then just stay out of it, no need to spoil it for the rest.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    And that's why I didn't create a thread railing about it, thought it was going to go a lot more light-hearted than it did. But then, it's hard to read tone. I also pointed this exact point out in my very first paragraph.

I firmly believe that real self-esteem can only come from within, and that no amount of extrinsic praise will make you feel beautiful and worthwhile if you didn't feel that already. As someone who has a history of depression and was hopeless with women (1 date in high school, first girlfriend in college, unwilling virgin till nearly 21) it didn't ever matter if someone told me something good about myself. Or if it did, it was very fleeting, and whenever I would go fishing for praise I would think in the back of my head every time that they were just being polite because (almost) nobody tells you you're anything but good to your face unless they are trying to hurt you.

I'm sure we all know people who consistently seek reassurance but never take it when it's given, over and over. It's because they simply don't believe we're being honest, since the social contract is very tough on honest opinions and criticism. In short, I don't think an asked-for compliment has ever really made anyone feel better. I mean, I like it when my wife says nice things about me, but only because after 10 years of marriage she's helped me to believe those things anyway.

Again, I had zero intention about this getting deep in any way, but at least the folks who are taking this seriously know why I would make a thread that would, in a back-handed way, criticize the rating threads. I think they are actively working against people building their own self-esteem.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    huh, it's gone off topic a bit there huh? I dunno bout all of you, but I give myself a 10 ;)
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    And that's why I didn't create a thread railing about it, thought it was going to go a lot more light-hearted than it did. But then, it's hard to read tone. I also pointed this exact point out in my very first paragraph.

I firmly believe that real self-esteem can only come from within, and that no amount of extrinsic praise will make you feel beautiful and worthwhile if you didn't feel that already. As someone who has a history of depression and was hopeless with women (1 date in high school, first girlfriend in college, unwilling virgin till nearly 21) it didn't ever matter if someone told me something good about myself. Or if it did, it was very fleeting, and whenever I would go fishing for praise I would think in the back of my head every time that they were just being polite because (almost) nobody tells you you're anything but good to your face unless they are trying to hurt you.

I'm sure we all know people who consistently seek reassurance but never take it when it's given, over and over. It's because they simply don't believe we're being honest, since the social contract is very tough on honest opinions and criticism. In short, I don't think an asked-for compliment has ever really made anyone feel better. I mean, I like it when my wife says nice things about me, but only because after 10 years of marriage she's helped me to believe those things anyway.

Again, I had zero intention about this getting deep in any way, but at least the folks who are taking this seriously know why I would make a thread that would, in a back-handed way, criticize the rating threads. I think they are actively working against people building their own self-esteem.

Like I said before, you are actually a good looking guy but what gets you down is your confidence and self worth. Everyone experience hardships in life, some more than others but we all get to grow and learn from our mistakes in becoming a better person. Seeing yourself as inferior to others will not only hamper your chances of finding a girl but it will also take it's toll on your career, but reaching a point where you feel comfortable in your own skin takes time and every little bit of support and motivation is needed to get there.

A compliment on a fitness site might not mean much to you and me, but for someone that has been battling with an ED or self esteem issues it is priceless. I creep around and compliment people on their transformations, heck even inspired to see some of these folks in their 60s with such ripped bodies.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member

tumblr_lhn0e2StTD1qacj8wo1_500.gif

You sir, are truly ugly.

No, I didn't miss your point, I was making my own. I thought it was nose-wrinkling that you chose people with disfigurements to act as a descriptor for your list. It's hard enough to deal with a catastrophic ailment or injury, without it being assigned a rating. Try putting yourself in the shoes of a person who was burned in a fire... how would you like to read your comment?
  • sklarbodds

You're definitely cute enough that I'm sure most women on this site have noticed you haha.
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    I would call myself a 4. I have a big nose, chubby cheeks, my eyes squint when I smile, and my body isn't great. So yeah. :|
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    I would call myself a 4. I have a big nose, chubby cheeks, my eyes squint when I smile, and my body isn't great. So yeah. :|

Add a minimum of 2 points to your self-rating...add 2 more because you're a geek. Win!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member

Add a minimum of 2 points to your self-rating...add 2 more because you're a geek. Win!

Aaah, thank you. ;_; <3
  • BlackDaisy85
    BlackDaisy85 Posts: 151 Member
    I would say currently my body is a 5 and my face is a 7 so that averages me to a 6 but if were to lose another 30 pounds i could easily average an 8.5