Totally fell off the wagon.... :(

hey ya'll............ well the Holiday season is just about wrapped up...
and yup I failed myself. I have gained back exactly half of my weight in the last few weeks.
I was away, travelling, had no access to my computer to count, record or get help.. I know its no excuse.. but its true, And my husband tells me dont worry babe' its Christmas its expected.. but thats not how I wanted to do things. It wasnt the excuse I wanted to use.
I have gained back 5lbs in just a few short weeks, and he says no problem, its just 5 lbs.. but I carry 5 lbs more like 10lbs.. I see it more, I feel it, and worst of all I carry it in my head.
I had a ton of motivation on this site when I first joined in Oct. actually making sure i got on a few times a day.. then I got busy with the Holidays and slipped away. Work outs became far and few, and I found myself eating things I wouldnt have eaten in Oct.:explode:

But...... I guess I see it, cause Im writing it here for you all.. so I know Im dissappointed in myself.
first step to recovery is admiting right??!!! lol well, I am admitting it..
I hope you were all stronger then myself.. and if not.. lets just get-er-dunne again together!!! ;)

Replies

• BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    hey ya'll............ well the Holiday season is just about wrapped up...
    and yup I failed myself. I have gained back exactly half of my weight in the last few weeks.
    I was away, travelling, had no access to my computer to count, record or get help.. I know its no excuse.. but its true, And my husband tells me dont worry babe' its Christmas its expected.. but thats not how I wanted to do things. It wasnt the excuse I wanted to use.
    I have gained back 5lbs in just a few short weeks, and he says no problem, its just 5 lbs.. but I carry 5 lbs more like 10lbs.. I see it more, I feel it, and worst of all I carry it in my head.
    I had a ton of motivation on this site when I first joined in Oct. actually making sure i got on a few times a day.. then I got busy with the Holidays and slipped away. Work outs became far and few, and I found myself eating things I wouldnt have eaten in Oct.:explode:

But...... I guess I see it, cause Im writing it here for you all.. so I know Im dissappointed in myself.
    first step to recovery is admiting right??!!! lol well, I am admitting it..
    I hope you were all stronger then myself.. and if not.. lets just get-er-dunne again together!!! ;)
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Welcome back BunnyB, good luck with your new 2008 goals!

Anne
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    BunnyB...it's okay. I had gained 5 pounds over the break as well and have already lost it again. It seems that lack of water and higher calorie and heavier foods added on the extra weight, but starting the gym regularly again and eating properly, the weight came right back off. So, don't sweat it and I'm sure you'll see it drop right off again! Good luck and welcome back!!

*Kistinbee*
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Hey, don't think of it as failing yourself, or letting yourself down. Think of it as ALLOWING yourself the break, and accepting the fact there would be a gain, and being proud of yourself for jumping right back onto the wagon. YOU DIDN'T FAIL. you knew what you were doing, and its ok. I see two young children in that picture. 5 pounds was minimal damage. :wink: You are just fine, and that weight will come back off and you will be even stronger for it. honest.
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    thanks everyone... your the reason why Im on this site, and why its working for me..
    and yes your right, its slowly falling off again once I stopped with that terrible eating!
    down a few pounds already.
    Thanks again' always here for you all as well:flowerforyou:
  • Sounds like your getting back in saddle to me...Congratulations and good luck.