What's the best way to dump my gf?

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Is this whacky Wednesday thread day?
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Two of the worst ways I've been dump: one: over Myspace, through a bulletin. two: i wasnt dumped. seriously, he just ran away from it, never said anything to me, and refused to talk to me.

you could go FRIENDS style, drink too much expresso, hit her in the eye, than have a friend do it for you XD
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Is this whacky Wednesday thread day?

It is! I'll bet he's a handsome one, too. :wink:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Do it in person but make sure you say "It's not you it's me." There will be no scene.

Just kidding.

Who here thinks that no matter what anyone says on here, he will send this poor woman a text??????
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Do it in person but make sure you say "It's not you it's me." There will be no scene.

Just kidding.

Who here thinks that no matter what anyone says on here, he will send this poor woman a text??????

Oh yea, she's getting a text... If he doesn't know what to say to break up with someone through text, he certanly isn't going to get the cojones to do it in person.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I'm surprised, with all the protein shakes you consume, that anyone even wants to be in the same room with you. You're a lucky guy, you should hold on to this one!

Puppy-uses-fart.gif
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    I don't know what makes you think breaking up by text is going to avoid drama.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Please choose the response most appropriate to your age group:

10-13 years old: Instant Messaging
    14-16 years old: Text Message
    17-18 years old: Phone Call
    18+ : Talk in person
  • benlambrou
    benlambrou Posts: 42 Member
    I am thinking singing telegram
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Sleep with her brother
  • DBubba65
    DBubba65 Posts: 15 Member
    I have felt clingy before, after some soul searching I realized I wasn't into her. If its all out on facebook, break up in person. She will ask, is there someone else...what did I do, etc. Tell her no its just me, I'm not interested in a relationship at this point in my life. If you backdoor her or sleep with her friend it will end up on FB :)
  • My best ever breakup strategy? (used this just a few weeks, worked like a charm) Went to his home, waited for him to arrive home from work. Told him the news. Talked. Cried. Banged. Watched a movie. Banged. Got dinner. Banged. Banged. Went to sleep. Woke up. Banged in the back door. Banged. Slept some more. Woke up. Banged. Ate breakfast. Banged. Watched the first quarter of the superbowl. Banged. Ate dinner. Banged. Banged. Slept. Woke up. Left.

Best. Breakup. Ever.
  • Next time you guys get on the phone let her know you need to talk to her about something. She will of course want to know what it is right away rather then get together in person first. But do it over the phone at the very least, she might want to know why you don't want to see her, which is legitimate, wouldn't you want to know why someone you really liked stopped wanting to be around you? If you are afraid she will start crying, don't get hung up on it. She will get over it and move on with her life too and you will both be better off for having been forward and honest. If she gets cray cray, and nothing you say is helping, just say you're really sorry to have hurt her, tell her you have to go and hang up. That's all you can do, over and done with.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Ugh, chivalry is clearly dead....Such terrible advice here. Clearly a telegram or Morris code is the only respectable way.
  • My best ever breakup strategy? (used this just a few weeks, worked like a charm) Went to his home, waited for him to arrive home from work. Told him the news. Talked. Cried. Banged. Watched a movie. Banged. Got dinner. Banged. Banged. Went to sleep. Woke up. Banged in the back door. Banged. Slept some more. Woke up. Banged. Ate breakfast. Banged. Watched the first quarter of the superbowl. Banged. Ate dinner. Banged. Banged. Slept. Woke up. Left.

Best. Breakup. Ever.

Ohmygawd. Absolutely the best breakup strategy advice ever. Seriously. I'd break up with you anytime.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    My best ever breakup strategy? (used this just a few weeks, worked like a charm) Went to his home, waited for him to arrive home from work. Told him the news. Talked. Cried. Banged. Watched a movie. Banged. Got dinner. Banged. Banged. Went to sleep. Woke up. Banged in the back door. Banged. Slept some more. Woke up. Banged. Ate breakfast. Banged. Watched the first quarter of the superbowl. Banged. Ate dinner. Banged. Banged. Slept. Woke up. Left.

Best. Breakup. Ever.

I'm not even upset. In the least little bit. Sure I missed the second half of the Super Bowl, and i no longer have a "girl friend" but it felt like I won.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Just be honest and tell her she is too clingy and you do not want to stay in this relationship. End of discussion.

Don't text, that is tacky. If she makes a scene, walk away but whatever you do, don't lead her on.

Rip the band-aid off quickly.
  • raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    My best ever breakup strategy? (used this just a few weeks, worked like a charm) Went to his home, waited for him to arrive home from work. Told him the news. Talked. Banged. Banged. Got dinner. Banged. Banged. Went to sleep. Woke up. Banged in the back door. Banged. Slept some more. Woke up. Banged. Ate breakfast. Banged. Banged. Ate dinner. Banged. Banged. Slept. Woke up. Left.

Best. Breakup. Ever.
    There fixed it for you as I am not a football fan or a fan of tears.

Solid plan!!
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Well...considering your un, I'm thinking break-up by text may not be so inappropriate ;) Go for it, scumbag! Lol

Exactly what I was thinking! LOL :D
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Perhaps send her a few adult toys. Just right a message something like, "I'm not man enough, I hope these will do in the meantime".