Dear Scale

Why do you torture me?

I feel like everytime we get close you hurt me by telling me I am fatter than I think I am. I work very hard to make you happy. I log my foods, I go to the gym now, and I stocked the kitchen with fruits and vegetables.

Even with all that you work, you still feel the need to insult me every time I see you.

But it is true, I can't stand our separations. I still keep hoping that you will be kind to me.

I hope that you will be, because I can't afford to buy a new scale after I throw you out the window.

Love,
Me

:laugh:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Why do you torture me?

I feel like everytime we get close you hurt me by telling me I am fatter than I think I am. I work very hard to make you happy. I log my foods, I go to the gym now, and I stocked the kitchen with fruits and vegetables.

Even with all that you work, you still feel the need to insult me every time I see you.

But it is true, I can't stand our separations. I still keep hoping that you will be kind to me.

I hope that you will be, because I can't afford to buy a new scale after I throw you out the window.

Love,
    Me

• LOL!!! I think we are seeing the same scale.
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Keep your head up! Remember it's best to only weigh in about once a week and make sure it's the same time of day! Also, you may be gaining muscle and losing fat, so judge your success by how your clothes fit, and how you feel, not necessarily a number on the scale! Good Luck!
  • LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know exactly what you mean.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    I see, It's you who has been to my house, stepping on my scale . . . . .
    said Mama Bear
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    thanks for the laugh! i feel the same way.. especially this last weekend!

i thought i was doing AWESOME, and then i saw that my daughters (1.5 & 4.5) had been playing with it and moved the mark off of the zero.. when I reset it, I wanted to cry... or throw it out the window :laugh:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Thanks for the good Belly Laugh:laugh: So true...So true
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Hook up with the tape measure.... I hear it treats you better:laugh:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    oh yeah, I've got one of those relationships too....
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    i know that feeling... although its becoming nice now

maybe threatening worked... i lost 2lbs over one night:huh:

show those scales whose boss!
  • I agree with just using a tape measure. Also I'v heard weight's the most accurate in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom. Also it's probably best to just weigh yourself once a week (I like doing it on Fridays because I tend to eat/drink a lot more on weekends and then make up for it by being pretty restrictive during the week).
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member

Once you go yellow, you'll never go back!

Oh, and read this:

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Very clever! Very creative! Very true!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Thank you for that I got a great laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I think we are seeing the same scale too. Dang can't ever trust em'! lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Thank goodnses for my yellow tape measure or else I would have quit a week ago.
    Here's my story, if you don't me sharing....

I stepped on the analog scale I have, and it said 200, I leaned over to look at the numbers better, and it said 190. WHOA....10 lbs in a lean! Then....I moved my feet and it jumped back up to 210. So, I thought, stupid scale...you shall be replaced! I go and buy a digital scale. Here I go....215. Seriously! Not only I am not 200 or close to being under, I have a while to get there!

This week, I have lost 4 lbs, so that SHOULD be satisfying, but it is not because I got so discouraged thinking I was so close to my first mini-goal and I wasn't! What really gets my goat is that I thought I started this "journey" at 235, and now I will never know what my starting weight was. (Maybe that is a good thing too)

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Stupid Scales.

79501.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member

Once you go yellow, you'll never go back!

Oh, and read this:

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

That article was awesome, thanks for putting that up.