How many baby carrots equal a serving?

Options
I want to pack baby carrots in my lunch tomorrow, but I don't want to over indulge. The package says 3oz is a serving, but I have no idea how many carrots that is (approximately) and I don't own a scale. Does anyone know how many carrots I should pack?

56777735.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Since theyre difference sizes it's hard to tell you exactly depending on the cut of the carrot ... but id say approximately 5 of the thicker ones and 10 of the small thin ones?
  • WendyB1211
    WendyB1211 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I was guessing around 6 or 7. You have provided me with a little more confidence.

56777735.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's pretty hard to overindulge on carrots, since they're pretty low calorie, unless you eat the whole bag.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Tough to gain weight on carrots. Just pack however many you want.
  • thesevolatiletimes
    thesevolatiletimes Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I once used a food scale. It was around 13-15, depending on how large the carrots were. So, I'd say about 15 is the general standard for 3 oz of baby carrots! :)
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The package usually says 14 baby carrots.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    3 oz is more than 7 carrots
    BL_Org_4_3oz.jpg

One small pack = 3 oz
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Read the bag.. my bag of baby carrots says 14 carrots or 85g.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It depends. My advice is to buy a scale. For carrots it may not matter but other things (nuts for example) it can really make a difference.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    If you eat too many carrots your hands will turn orange, but you could pack around 10 baby carrots without running into problems. Carrots are pretty low calorie.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you eat too many carrots your hands will turn orange, but you could pack around 10 baby carrots without running into problems. Carrots are pretty low calorie.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Nine. I googled it once. Nine baby peeled ready to eat carrots is 3 oz.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It depends. My advice is to buy a scale. For carrots it may not matter but other things (nuts for example) it can really make a difference.

^this
  • WendyB1211
    WendyB1211 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha...I remember my son turning orange when he was a baby. I am going to go look at scales this week. Although 7 seemed like a good size portion for me. :smile: It would nice to know I can have more.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I use a scale average between 10-13 baby carrots for 3oz worth. Like others have said it depends because they come in different thickness and sizes.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Food scales are pretty cheap and takes the guesswork out of these kinds of things. I'd also say to get one. :)