Super Colon Cleanse?

Has anyone ever used Super Colon Cleanse Supplement by Health Plus? It has some pretty good reviews on amazon...but I don't know if they're full of ....crap. :laugh:

Any input?

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    You've already answered your question. You're 1/2 way to goal. Keep going and be patient.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Yes I have used it. It was horrible. It gave me the urgent squirts, and didnt' clean me out. Just saying "OMG I GOTTA GO!!! :noway: " 10-20 times throughout the day, followed by a tiny squirt of liquid into the toilet. It ruined my run days because I was basically afraid to go more than 1/4 mile away from teh nearest bathroom so I was just running back and forth praying I didn't **** myself.

In fact, I gained weight while on it despite following my calorie restrictions.

But, everyone is different..............

If you're that worried about cleaning out your colon, maybe get a colonics treatment at a medispa? I've never had one but I've heard semi-decent things about them.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    No. Colonics are nonsense (unless they want to stick a scope up you).
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in: I jumped on the "colon cleanse" bandwagon a few years ago. Did it "clean me out"? Yes. Was I miserable? Yes. Did I feel better in any way? NO. Did it result in lasting weight loss or a lifestyle change that helped me improve my health? No. And after I finished enough rounds to know that they are indeed full of crap, it took my body almost 8 months to get "regular" again. Just so you know. Looks like you're making good progress without it - I'd just keep on doing what you're doing! Good luck!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    SCAM - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

There are no dangerous toxins stuck in your colon,

Your body has natural cleansers in it (Lungs, Liver, Kidneys)
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    The only thing it'll rid you of is your colon's contents. It isn't a magic fat-burning potion, and by taking it you will see when you *kitten* out everything that is in you you are just falling into the trap of rejoicing when the scale goes down, rather than knowing that you have lost fat. You want to lose fat, not *any* weight per se if you want this to be successful.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    CSDG2ua.gif
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    CSDG2ua.gif

I've got nothing better than this.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    shocked_ghostbusters.gif
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    It'll work ok if you're blocked up and need a clean-out, but don't use it for weight loss, like everyone else said that's not an effective way to go about it.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Why are colonics non sense?

I have had several and I friggen love them. But I must state that I have IBS with chronic constipation.

I do not do them for weight loss purposes, I do them because there are not many things in the world that feel better than a 10 pound dump.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    I've heard that the sugarfree hairbo gummy bears give you the same effect. It's tastier and cheaper!

Not a fan of them personally.
  • b2kelly
    b2kelly Posts: 62
    If you really want to go hardcore.. go to your local supplements store grab a bag of psyillium fiber. I eat as many spoon fulls of this stuff as I can and chase it with water (it is really hard to do and hilarious for others to watch me do this) once you are full stop.. drink lots of water.. make sure you have nothing to do for the next few days and prepare the bathroom for the most glorious time of your life.
  • LisaGod85
    LisaGod85 Posts: 47 Member
    Wow that was fast! Apparently just like it would be if I took that stuff.

Hah, thanks everyone! I figured it was bullsh*t but you never know, you know? I'll keep those sugarfree bears in mind next time I'm constipated... man those posts are hilarious.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    you do not need a "super colon cleanse" you do this naturally when you take a dump...

but if you really want to go hardcore..then take some colon blow and attach a vacuum cleaner to your colon...cleans me right out...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    The only thing it'll rid you of is your colon's contents. It isn't a magic fat-burning potion, and by taking it you will see when you *kitten* out everything that is in you you are just falling into the trap of rejoicing when the scale goes down, rather than knowing that you have lost fat. You want to lose fat, not *any* weight per se if you want this to be successful.

so you are saying that I cannot *kitten* out my fat reserves?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    healthy deficit = success.

theres no need to use a product to cleanse you....your organs do a great job of that for you! :flowerforyou:

save your loot, OP. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    Nothing a bag of prunes and water couldn't handle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    healthy deficit = success.

theres no need to use a product to cleanse you....your organs do a great job of that for you! :flowerforyou:

save your loot, OP. :)

<--- No cleanse, calorie deficit all the way!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    NO