Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Hope you are well and running again soon madmiss.

My last couple of runs have been 10km each. The last one was meant to be about 8km but I managed to take a wrong turn in the forest and I got myself stuck behind a huge fence that I had no way in hell of scaling. This was meant to be my shortcut home so I had to double back and afterwards my lower back was really sore. And to add to the drama I slept funny and woke up with a neck that won't tilt to the left, so I won't be running again until that's fixed itself. It's a little frustrating because I was hoping to go out today.

Last week I did 10km in 58:55 which I was really thrilled with.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member

I would be too! :drinker:
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member

I would be too! :drinker:

Ditto!!!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Second run after being out of the loop for a few weeks, 3 miles outside. It felt so good to run outside! Temps were upper 20s and the 10 day forecast has nothing below 30. Maybe, just maybe spring will actually happen. I don't mind more snow, just sick of the stupid cold temps.

Varda, I kept thinking about what you said about not pushing it, so I started talking to myself to make sure I wasn't going faster than conversational pace. I'm glad nobody was around, they might have thought I was a bit crazy.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Rindy - nice run and I hope you see spring soon!

The weather has been pretty nuts here. Last Sunday it was 70°F but then Tuesday it was 40°F and I was wearing two layers of pants and three layers of tops to stay warm on our group run. Wednesday was in the 60's and I was running my track workout in shorts and a T-shirt. Yesterday was back to 40 with strong winds and light rain and I was again wearing multiple layers to stay warm for an easy run. Had the entire park to myself - nobody else was crazy enough to be out in that!

Back to 70 and dry for the weekend and I am looking forward to it!
  • likitisplit
    Yes. You want to do your slow runs SLOW so that you are able to do your fast runs FAST.

I did both my runs so far on the treadmill because I am a wimp and it is still dark. But I did them. With walk breaks. But I was able to go for an hour on Wednesday. I think I'm getting this figured out just in time to take this outdoors.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I ran yesterday:

3-6-14_zpsc26a1b92.jpg

Couldn't believe I maintained that pace for 5k! Felt great! Apparently I didn't cool down enough, my calves started cramping. I spent a little time slow pedaling on the bicycle trainer and it was all better!
  • likitisplit
    I ran yesterday:

3-6-14_zpsc26a1b92.jpg

Couldn't believe I maintained that pace for 5k! Felt great! Apparently I didn't cool down enough, my calves started cramping. I spent a little time slow pedaling on the bicycle trainer and it was all better!

DAMN
  • timeasterday
    I ran yesterday:

Wow - great job Ceci!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Terrific run, Ceci!

I ran my normal Friday run today, about over 4 miles running and some walking mixed in. It really felt good. I'm getting a little frustrated with my phone & RunDouble. I'm not believing the distances and the times it telling me I'm doing. They don't make sense, so I can't depend on them. So I really have no idea how far I ran and at what pace. I know it was over 4 because of the mile markers on the path, but beyond that, I'm not sure. I'm going to have to come up with a better plan.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I ran yesterday:

3-6-14_zpsc26a1b92.jpg

DAMN

My thought exactly!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    I. HAVE. RUN! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

My bits have stopped aching, for now :) Hopefully this means I'm back on the mend, again... I feel like I've done absolutely nothing this year! lol Great runs everyone -
  • timeasterday

My bits have stopped aching, for now :) Hopefully this means I'm back on the mend, again... I feel like I've done absolutely nothing this year! lol Great runs everyone -

Great news madmiss! Hopefully you get back into the groove.
  • likitisplit
    http://www.runningmap.com/

I use this for when Endomondo gets creative. If you have distance and total time, you can figure average pace.
  • btsinmd

Terrific!
  • btsinmd
    http://www.runningmap.com/

I use this for when Endomondo gets creative. If you have distance and total time, you can figure average pace.

Thanks, Varda!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    DAMN from me too, Ceci! Amazing run!

Happy you got back out Madmiss!

Every single run of mine so far in March has been on the freaking treadmill but it's supposed to get into the 20's tomorrow so I'm heading back outside. Can't wait.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    I ran yesterday:

3-6-14_zpsc26a1b92.jpg

Whoa! Ceci! That is awesome!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
  • bttrthanevr
    Second run after being out of the loop for a few weeks, 3 miles outside. It felt so good to run outside! Temps were upper 20s and the 10 day forecast has nothing below 30. Maybe, just maybe spring will actually happen. I don't mind more snow, just sick of the stupid cold temps.

Varda, I kept thinking about what you said about not pushing it, so I started talking to myself to make sure I wasn't going faster than conversational pace. I'm glad nobody was around, they might have thought I was a bit crazy.

I'm so glad to see you back here, Rindy! :-) Of course you are crazy. We all are. You know you're a runner when...talking out loud to yourself in public seems like a good idea. LOL!
  • bttrthanevr

Hooray! Hopefully its nothing but good health and happy miles for you! :-)