What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Replies

• MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Mine is a big list. I am very picky and all about the texture (I despise anything "slimy" or spongy").
    I have tried everything raw and/or cooked....and still can't deal. LOL

Mushrooms
    Celery
    Onions (But I like Onion rings :tongue: :huh: )
    Peppers
    Bean Sprouts
    Zucchini
    Eggplant
    Most seafood (I can only handle some haddock, cod and similar fish)
    Any super wet/soft cheeses (I stick to cheddar, mozza, havarti, gouda etc)
    Protein Bars....I've tried a few brands and flavors and find they all taste like flavored cardboard! :laugh:

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there's more! LOL

You don't like protein barsss?!????

Quest and Rise bars?

Not sure about those ones....I've tried a few different ones from where I live (Nova Scotia). They all taste like really dense, flavored cardboard! LOL
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Chia seeds. Nasty little black balls of chaff that get stuck in your teeth and taste like s**t.

this. I tried. And tried. And now I have a bag of them.
  • Josalinn
    Cantaloupe is disgusting.
    Durian is even MORE disgusting.

There is a game called "Don't Starve" and you can grow Durian. If you eat it, cooked or raw, it makes you lose health. And if you cook it with other ingredients you usually get something that makes you lose health. I figure it must have some basis in reality, so I haven't tried it :tongue:
  • mibaile5
    mibaile5 Posts: 6 Member
    I have a sad state of affairs..I hate pretty much all green vegetables and most fruits. I have such a strong texture issue that I can't choke down salads or anything like that.

Vegetables/Beans that I LIKE: Asparagus, Broccoli, Carrots, Corn, Peas, Limas, Potatoes, Kidney Beans, Zucchini
    To even eat most of these I need a main dish to eat w/ them to cover up the taste. Ha.

Fruits that I LIKE: Apples, Watermelon (That's it I think, lol). I can stand eating flavors of other fruit but not the textures of eating the real thing.

Unfortunately most on my list of what I would eat is higher in carbs, so I can't really eat them either.

Things high on the list of nasty: Bell Peppers, Olives, Hummus, Bananas, Pomegranates
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Mine is a big list. I am very picky and all about the texture (I despise anything "slimy" or spongy").
    I have tried everything raw and/or cooked....and still can't deal. LOL

Mushrooms
    Celery
    Onions (But I like Onion rings :tongue: :huh: )
    Peppers
    Bean Sprouts
    Zucchini
    Eggplant
    Most seafood (I can only handle some haddock, cod and similar fish)
    Any super wet/soft cheeses (I stick to cheddar, mozza, havarti, gouda etc)
    Protein Bars....I've tried a few brands and flavors and find they all taste like flavored cardboard! :laugh:

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there's more! LOL

You don't like protein barsss?!????

Quest and Rise bars?

I tried those... like a fool. Cardboardy texture, artificial taste. Never again. Just give me a steak.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Grapefruit!!! Yuck! :ohwell:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member

There is a game called "Don't Starve" and you can grow Durian. If you eat it, cooked or raw, it makes you lose health. And if you cook it with other ingredients you usually get something that makes you lose health. I figure it must have some basis in reality, so I haven't tried it :tongue:
    [/quote

Durian smells awful, but tastes like a pineapple/passionfruit custard... quite good. Love cantelope, and all fruits and nearly all vegetables. I love salads. NO hot peppers, though, no way.]
  • Josalinn

Durian smells awful, but tastes like a pineapple/passionfruit custard... quite good. Love cantelope, and all fruits and nearly all vegetables. I love salads. NO hot peppers, though, no way.]

I don't know that you sold me on the Durian. I'm not a big fan of pineapple in custard or any milk based product.

Also as a fair point to cantaloupe, kinda makes my throat itch so I avoid it. And I love hot peppers =)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Big Mac and Fries (I mean whats with the salad).???
  • missionquestthing
    missionquestthing Posts: 48 Member
    All leafy greens
    Celery
    milk
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    cottage cheese.
    yogurt - any and all kinds
    grapefruit.
    tofu.
    hummus.
    oatmeal. BUT I love oatmeal cookies. :tongue:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Beets…taste
    Guacamole looks too much like baby food and is too bland. I’ve never been able to bring myself to try just plain avocado as a result.
    Eggplant..taste
    Spaghetti squash..taste and texture
    Cucumbers..only exception is pickles and diced superfine in Tzatziki sauce
    Millett/Durian/Broad Beans/Courgette/Boca burgers/Porridge/Kumara.. Never tried
    Lima beans..don’t like the texture
    Sour cream..I’ll pass.
    Grapefruit..the taste.

And this thread just made me crave some chicken liver 
  • absolutely hate lettuce.

I think if it was a matter of dying or eating lettuce, I'd rather die than eat it.

>.<
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Salmon

Eggs

Protein Powders
  • missionquestthing
    missionquestthing Posts: 48 Member
    Chia seeds. Nasty little black balls of chaff that get stuck in your teeth and taste like s**t.

this. I tried. And tried. And now I have a bag of them.
    I baked them into things and it seemed to turn out fine
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    I hate coconut water and green tea. Just..no.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    I LOVE basically any veggie but they have to be raw. Cooked veggies have an awful texture that I can't look past. EW!

I can't stand squash and eggplant.

Tofu is basically just toad food... gross.

Not fond of Kale either...
  • whoajulie
    whoajulie Posts: 15
    Celery seems to be a common one, and I'm gonna have to agree. Even peanut butter doesn't make it better.
    Brussel sprouts
    Mushrooms- I'm sorry I just can't get behind the idea of eating a fungus.
    Greek yogurt- I just don't like the texture. Instead I stick with low carb and low sugar yogurt that Kroger makes called Carbmaster.

Surprisingly I really like quinoa. I tried it with rosemary and although the texture takes some getting used to, I think I'll eat it instead of rice now.
  • crgaines
    crgaines Posts: 6 Member
    Oatmeal--I can't get past the texture.

Cottage Cheese--I mean, just look at it.

Soy milk--The smell makes me gag, even if its the flavored kind.
  • MrsMetzler2013
    MrsMetzler2013 Posts: 22 Member
    My least favorite foods are: olives, sweet pickles, mushrooms, and cottage cheese