I tried not to judge

Replies

• hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    you have every right to judge. First of all why were they in the gym in the first place? Just so they could say 'I'm working out' - well wow amazing!!! Secondly it ruined the ambience of your workout.

Our gym doesn't allow mobiles in the gym thank goodness.

Complain to reception and see if you can get policy changed (or enforced)

She was in the gym because she has a paid membership, too.

In the gym talking and texting rather than working out properly. It was sort of rhetorical.

And I was just sayin' that she has the right to be there regardless of whether others think she is doing it "properly". So what if she's not quite as serious about a work-out as someone else?

That's up to you. I would not be judgemental of a person's workout but if their conversation was annoying and distracting, then yes I would judge them on it - including the fact they might as well be elsewhere exercising their vocal chords.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member

Our gym doesn't allow mobiles in the gym thank goodness.

This is odd...I use my phone for music and to use my C25k app. I'd be finding a new gym....

I don't talk on it, though.

I also want to know what's wrong with reading a magazine while using the equipment?
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Did you check out her boobs, or butt while you were at it? Because if not, you didn't fully judge.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    was this by any chance at Planet Fitness?

because you may have broken the law if so.

What's against the law? Judging? Or listening to someone's conversation?

jf+zone.jpg

:tongue:

haha is that a UK gym?
    I don't know if they're also in the UK, but they definitely in the USA. We've got one where I live. I just prefer to workout at home so I don't have to worry about this :)
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    the problem is the rules about no phones at gyms are about as useful as the no phones will driving when nobody there bothers to enforce them. Nobody gets arrested for driving and talking because the cops don't stop them and they do it at the gym because nobody working there bothers to stop them.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Did you check out her boobs, or butt while you were at it? Because if not, you didn't fully judge.

Chicks dig that I heard.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

Chicks dig that I heard.

not at Walmart apparently. :huh:
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member

Flat chested, floppy butt.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Flat chested, floppy butt.

Summon_Judgement.gif
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    I often text/net surf when running on treadmill, would you judge me as well?
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    In to judge strangers...because I ran out of family members to judge.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member

Chicks dig that I heard.
    I thought they only liked it if one gawked for 20 minutes. Or pulled up a chair behind their treadmill.
  • Marcia315

Unless you're yapping loud enough for me to hear you, no.

Actually, I would, only because I'm nor coordinated enough to run and text.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I don't understand why anyone would care if someone else is on the phone as long as they are using the machine and not just occupying the space while talking.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Everyone works out differently. I for one love to read a magazine or watch tv while on a elliptical or treadmill. It helps take my mind of the pain and focus on something else.

So what if she talked on the phone/texted. If there is not set rules against it, leave her be. And how do you know she wasn't breaking a sweat? Just do your thing and worry about yourself.
  • Marcia315
    I don't understand why anyone would care if someone else is on the phone as long as they are using the machine and not just occupying the space while talking.

I don't reaaly care, but I could hear her talk over my iPod.

I don't understand why anyone would come to the gym and spend 30 mi utes on the elliptical and not break a sweat because she's too busy talking.

I normally don't pay too much attention to anyone at the gym but her yapping caught my attention.
  • Marcia315
    Everyone works out differently. I for one love to read a magazine or watch tv while on a elliptical or treadmill. It helps take my mind of the pain and focus on something else.

So what if she talked on the phone/texted. If there is not set rules against it, leave her be. And how do you know she wasn't breaking a sweat? Just do your thing and worry about yourself.

I was 5 feet from her. She wasn't sweating.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member

I don't understand why anyone would come to the gym and spend 30 mi utes on the elliptical and not break a sweat because she's too busy talking.

I normally don't pay too much attention to anyone at the gym but her yapping caught my attention.

Maybe she did break a sweat, maybe she was there before you and worked her butt off, maybe once you left she tore it up. You assume to much. Turn up your ipod or go to another machine if he angers you so.
  • Marcia315

Maybe she did break a sweat, maybe she was there before you and worked her butt off, maybe once you left she tore it up. You assume to much. Turn up your ipod or go to another machine if he angers you so.

She came after me and left before me.

And it didn't anger me. I thought it was funny.

Geez, stop being so serious.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member

Unless you're yapping loud enough for me to hear you, no.

Actually, I would, only because I'm nor coordinated enough to run and text.

So what's the difference between someone "yapping" on the phone versus two training partners that are "yapping" throughout their entire workout routine? We all see it everyday....