withdrawal

Options
is there such thing as withdrawal? I have stopped eating sweets(all sugar) . Its been about 1.5 weeks and for the last two days i have been getting some headaches... I wonder if the two are connected?

Replies

• borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    is there such thing as withdrawal? I have stopped eating sweets(all sugar) . Its been about 1.5 weeks and for the last two days i have been getting some headaches... I wonder if the two are connected?
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    Difficult decision

aspirin or chocolate ? :laugh:

Have a glass of water maybe dehydration :drinker:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Withdrawl is not uncommon, but I'm not sure about 1.5 weeks later, could it be horome time or weather, I think your detox should be well on it's way by now, headaches were more likely to plague you in the start.... my thoughts..... monitor for now, keep an eye on your food journal and see if you see any intersting patterns arise triggering your headaches, you know headaches are common but usually a sign that something is happening that your body doesn't like.
    Anne
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about sugar but if you have been eating aspartame that can cause headaches. If you have recently taken that out of your diet you can have withdrawls for up to 3 weeks. It sounds like a long time but it builds up in the body and takes time to get it out of your system.

Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    You may want to check your blood sugar levels during the onset of your headaches. I don't know much about this, but it may help assist you. I have some friends that do this on a daily basis to assist with their diabetes. I am not saying you have diabetic symptoms, just that your sugar levels may lead to some sort of insight. Hope this helps. If you do find out the cause and they're related to nutritional issues, please let us know.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :laugh: i have been surprised that i have been drinking water for the last 2 weeks and i have only had 2 pops kin that time and i have felt wondeful.. one of these days im gonna float away with all the water.
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i switched to diet dew wish i could give it up altogather
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well, I get the headache WITH the sugar, But that is because I am allergic to the sugar. But when Michael stopped drinking regular coffee he had headaches so bad he stayed home from work for 2 days.
    The doctor said it was a body withdraw from the caffeine.
    that after his body got used to it that he would return to normal. and he did.
    The doctor also told us that if after wards if he drank coffee or anything that had caffeine in it to expect headaches from that to return. and don't you know he was right. One coke will send him to bed for a day.
    Our doctor said it is a natural reaction for the body to go through if you are so used to one thing and stop eating or taking it. WHAM. Body revolt. He likened it to an alcoholic that was detoxing. Saying that when you felt better that it was a sign that all of the bad stuff was out of your body.
    And to help it push through. DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!!
    I would not be surprised if this is about the same thing that you are going through.
    --Diann.....
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Yeah i had really really bad headaches when i gave up drinking coke!!
    I was literally addicted to the stuff and had at least a couple of glasses a day!

I realised that although it was diet coke, drinking it made me crave sweets! So i deceided i had to give it up and the headaches were so bad! But i got over them in a couple of days and never felt better! Now if i have a diet coke for any reason (i still do every now and again out of habit!) it gives me a really bad headache and i try to remember that next time i ask for one!!

Hope the headaches clear up soon!

Amanda
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    stress can cause headaches starting in your shoulders. if your doing execise in your upper body you may have some tension built up in you shoulders which can trigger a headache. try some heat on your neck and shoulders or maybe someone who loves you would be nice and rub your shoulders for you. i suffer from migraines so i feel your pain. also lack of magnesium can cause headaches. my doctor suggested taking 400 mg magnesium every day. i very rarely get headaches now. hope this helps.