Most amusing response to "you've lost weight"?

Replies

• I know but I'm losing it on the chest too :(
    (for men)
  • genjgal
    genjgal Posts: 8 Member
    Yea! got major gastro for the last 5 days!!! (and go for hand shake)

^.^ I love this!!!
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    I tell people that I'm doing this amazing break through in weight loss technology called "Eat less, move more".
  • Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Please do not use cancer or other illness jokes. It is not a joke when the other person has a patient in the family, or has lost someone to such an illness, it is somewhere between insensitive and cruel. My niece is currently battling leukemia, and you can see her ribcage, where she used to be overweight a year ago. I cannot even begin to describe how her parents or friends would feel if they heard you joke about cancer as a weight loss method.

I agree. There's so much witty responses than any kind of illnesses.

Agree!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    As my weight loss is becoming more noticeable, I'm trying to figure out how I should react to people commenting about it! And the usual "thanks I've lost a few lbs through calorie counting and exercise" just seems boring and stale. What could I say to really mess with people?

Ex: "Yeah. Cancer is great for weight loss. Thanks for noticing" then look sad

cancer isn't amusing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Yes.

It amuses me because it forces the other person to ask more pointed questions. Essentially, act like Microsoft Help.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    About ten years ago I went through a spectacularly dramatic divorce and I had zero appetite for a week or so. I lost 10-12 pounds rapidly and had many a female coworker beg for my secret. I would whisper excitedly "I got a divorce!" and then squeal and clap my hands. I never heard if any of them tried it or not. <shrug>
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    OP That is hilarious!!!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    No one has mentioned it to me yet :( but I plan on pretending like I had no idea and that I've just been taking this special new pill... but I forgot the name of it lol
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Well, if I could edit my post I would!! But I can't!! So, I sincerity apologize if I uses the cancer word!! I did not meen too offend anybody with my post!! I'm sorry!!

Dan

You can make light of any situation.

Some people choose (yes, make a CHOICE) to be offended over small things.
  • Ichasestorms
    Ichasestorms Posts: 24 Member
    I would act surprised and say something like

"Huh, wow... that would explain why my pants are falling off me!"

"I guess thats what happens when you have lots of sex!" :laugh:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    No, I think you just got fatter.
  • CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Youve lost weight!!!

Yeah, its a revolutionary diet system. I can eat anything I like and as much as I like, but I have to liquidize it and eat it from a colander using chopsticks. I'm not allowed to eat anything that runs through............
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    My sister had a back operation, and has a huge scar running from her shoulders to her waist (down her spine).

If people commented, she used to tell them she had a "back job" - she used to be twice the size she is now, but they cut her in half and removed her fat, then sewed her back together.
  • EvyMetal
    EvyMetal Posts: 19
    Please do not use cancer or other illness jokes. It is not a joke when the other person has a patient in the family, or has lost someone to such an illness, it is somewhere between insensitive and cruel. My niece is currently battling leukemia, and you can see her ribcage, where she used to be overweight a year ago. I cannot even begin to describe how her parents or friends would feel if they heard you joke about cancer as a weight loss method.

I'm with you on this. Just found out a good friend at work is terminal and I had actually commented on her weight loss several months ago - feel like a total jerk now. I have lost 80 lbs. and mainly it is women at work who make comments - the guys not so much.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    I say yes, I have. It's deliberate, and if the questioner asks what my secret is, I tell them it's this amazing new fad diet - it's called "eat less and exercise more".

They never want to know any more after that...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Well, if I could edit my post I would!! But I can't!! So, I sincerity apologize if I uses the cancer word!! I did not meen too offend anybody with my post!! I'm sorry!!

Dan

my uncle died of colon cancer last year

friend of mine is going through hell with his 17 month old daughter who has leukemia.

some things you just shouldn't joke about, just for karmas sake.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member

Dan

I would like to make a choice not to feel that instant gut-punch when someone jokes about cancer and I'm yanked back to the hospital waiting room. But I can't. I really wish I could.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    I've always wanted to say no when someone asks if I've lost weight or did anyone ever tell me?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    My sister had a back operation, and has a huge scar running from her shoulders to her waist (down her spine).

If people commented, she used to tell them she had a "back job" - she used to be twice the size she is now, but they cut her in half and removed her fat, then sewed her back together.

That's a hilarious comeback.