How rest days saved my life...sort of.

2»

Replies

• PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Glad to hear that this was caught so early. It pays to be "in tune" with your body. Also glad that you didn't ignore they symptoms like so many people would do. Good luck with your recovery. Be strong, you'll beat this!!! You're a fellow yinzer, how could you not beat this!
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I sincerely hope that you have a great support group to help you get through the upcoming weeks and more than anything I hope that all of this goes very well for you. Thanks for sharing you will never know how many people you may save with your story. Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
  • Thank you so much for sharing this! And good luck in the future, you got this!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Good luck to you!

:flowerforyou:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Wow! What a blessing to catch this so early!!! What a weight of having to deal with a cancer diagnosis at age 25!!

I hope that the procedure will give you a clean bill of health and a long and healthy life hence forth.

Hang in there. Stay positive. People will be praying for you!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Wow, thank you for sharing. I also received a call last year about abnormal cells and had to have a few procedures done to remove pre-cancerous cells from my cervix. The first time my doctor told me I cried, as most people in my family die of cancer before they hit 65. Crappy family history is my downfall. But, I realized it was fairly common for women and I'm back to normal.

Wishing you the best and good luck with your treatment!! :flowerforyou:
  • Goodness, so sorry to hear of you going through this at your age. BUT...i had a bout with cancer in my late 20's! Mine was Uterine and in my case, it was only caught at my yearly and was told it wasn't looking good (I supposedly had 5-12 months left to live). So...I'm still here after 17 years! Stay in tune with your health and trying to be healthy!!
    I'm sending prayers of health and strength and a blessed outcome for you
    :flowerforyou:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Praise God it was caught in time. <3
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Wow! You seem to be positive and that is completely inspiring!

I hope everything gets treated promptly and that you have a speedy recovery.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Cancer is a scary disease and I hate it with a bloody passion. I am sorry you have to deal with any of this BUT - You WILL be fine because they caught it so early and because you will be armed with all the info you need to make decisions about treatment. Keep your chin up, buttercup - you have a long life ahead of you! :flowerforyou: