Tips for Risky Pics?

Options
I'm going to take some pictures tonight to show off the body I've been working so hard for! Any tips/poses/products to make me look better? I have photoshop, that's a given...

PS Promise to share!

PPS I promise they'll be at least reasonable for network television Mike! LOL

Replies

• DancingDreamer
    Options
    from above pictures usually look the best. a slight angle makes you look more slimmed usually.

and PS: i wanna seee! :wink:
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just did this for my husband!!! I like the angled shots, where they are closer to your face and then your legs are in the background...your legs look way smaller!! Also, I did a pose to show off how much I worked on my legs, and they dont look like old tree stumps!! so some of the pictures I had done accented the muscle in my legs!! Have a great time!!! :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i agree...and pick your best feature and put that in front!! for instance if its your chest have the pic taken from the front, if its your rear have one taken looking over your shoulder, if there are any areas that you dont like so much then hide them!! if you dont like your belly, then lie on your belly and take it!! you get the point :) good luck!
  • kimchee_man
    Options
    airbrush shadows in the more defined areas, thats what all the fitness magazines do to add more of a ripped look
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    oh also photos from above are usually more slimming than those taking from below.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    oh also photos from above are usually more slimming than those taking from below.
    If she has photoshop, there is no need. I am quite familiar with photoshop.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Isn't photoshop defeating the purpose though? You worked so hard, show the real you! And self tanner doesn't hurt. :-)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I took some last year for my man (at my heaviest :sick: ). The best ones were where I was laying down and put my legs up in the air. Slimmed my tummy and made my legs look skinny too. I took a ton of poses and picked the best ones. I did them myself because I was too chicken to have anyone else do it, although my mom did offer to take them for me :huh: . Of course I though they were all yucky but he LOVED them. He has it framed next to our bed. He has been bugging me for new ones.

I love that you are doing this!
  • Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you guys are giving her all this "advice" to take false pictures. Take them from the front, the side, and the back, straight on, in good lighting. This is how people see you, and this is the truest representation of yourself. And that's how you should see your self. I am not trying to be harsh, but I think it would be best for you to just take honest pictures of where you are in your weight loss.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    You might be misrepresenting the ability of photoshop. It can correct lighting. Skin tone. Red eye. Add some softening. Etc. What they do in Playboy is terrible. Maxim might be a touch better.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    1. Lighting
    2. Do not use an upward angle.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    If you're taking risky pics, I'd recommend taking them on an outdoor ledge of an office building anywhere above the 15 floor... :devil: Oh wait, you meant risque....nevermind. :bigsmile:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you guys are giving her all this "advice" to take false pictures. Take them from the front, the side, and the back, straight on, in good lighting. This is how people see you, and this is the truest representation of yourself. And that's how you should see your self. I am not trying to be harsh, but I think it would be best for you to just take honest pictures of where you are in your weight loss.

I agree...If your taking them to show of the progress you have made don't take a picture that alters or bends the truth.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I mainly use photoshop for blemishes, however, one year I did manage to photoshop out an entire portion of my *kitten* for the family Yule card photo. I was so proud of that... NOONE could tell. I'm pretty sure that portion of my *kitten* is gone now.

I don't feel bad about "mis-representing" myself. These pics aren't going on my resume or my Yule cards... They're going to a select few men's email box/wallet with the intent on them using them for personal purposes.

They know what I look like in RL... these are FANTASY! :D
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Then make sure the light hits the viking helmet just right.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    Have a pro photog do the shoot. They will know what to do.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I mainly use photoshop for blemishes, however, one year I did manage to photoshop out an entire portion of my *kitten* for the family Yule card photo. I was so proud of that... NOONE could tell. I'm pretty sure that portion of my *kitten* is gone now.

I don't feel bad about "mis-representing" myself. These pics aren't going on my resume or my Yule cards... They're going to a select few men's email box/wallet with the intent on them using them for personal purposes.

Oh I gotcha I misunderstood I thought they were ...Well never mind I understand what they are for now. :)
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    If you're taking risky pics, I'd recommend taking them on an outdoor ledge of an office building anywhere above the 15 floor... :devil: Oh wait, you meant risque....nevermind. :bigsmile:

ROFLMAO. Most awesome comment ever!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO. Most awesome comment ever!

And @AsaThorsWoman...sorry...I'm just in a really super-squirrelly mood this Friday afternoon and I couldn't resist myself... :flowerforyou: