Small but big accomplishment!

It has nothing t do with weight... Well it does a little.

I had the worst day ever! Nothing was going right, my son morphed into the devil himself and I couldn't get my daugther to settle down to save my life!

So I did what I usually do when I'm angry and upset; I baked. A chocolate cake to be exact. I had a couple of licks from the batter and then it struck me. I'm upset why am I going to make it worse by adding weight to myself! It's not like stuffing my face with cake was going to solve the dillemmas of the day.
Well I went upstairs and brushed my teeth and used some mouthwash so I wouldn't feel so inclined to add to those licks of cake batter.
So yes I did go over my 1200cal limit with the batter licking but I think it's a HUGE accomplishment that a whole cake is still in my kitchen at the end of a long painful day!!!

I just had to share!:blushing:

Replies

• It has nothing t do with weight... Well it does a little.

I had the worst day ever! Nothing was going right, my son morphed into the devil himself and I couldn't get my daugther to settle down to save my life!

So I did what I usually do when I'm angry and upset; I baked. A chocolate cake to be exact. I had a couple of licks from the batter and then it struck me. I'm upset why am I going to make it worse by adding weight to myself! It's not like stuffing my face with cake was going to solve the dillemmas of the day.
    Well I went upstairs and brushed my teeth and used some mouthwash so I wouldn't feel so inclined to add to those licks of cake batter.
    So yes I did go over my 1200cal limit with the batter licking but I think it's a HUGE accomplishment that a whole cake is still in my kitchen at the end of a long painful day!!!

I just had to share!:blushing:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    that is so awesome!!!
    congrats!!!
    ahh! so proud of you!!! i know i couldn't do it yet:grumble:
    :flowerforyou:

*happy dance*
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Wow. Way to go!!! It is a huge accomplishment to stop in the middle of self-medicating and choose a different path!!! *big hug* and pat on the back! You go girl!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Yey for you for seeing your moment of weakness and turning it around!!!

When my kids make me nuts I send them outside to do laps around the house. ((In fact, I just had them each do three! LOL) If you have a fence, make them run around the backyard fence line. My kids always come inside tired and they forgot what they were fussing about. LOL It gives me time to calm down too!

YOU GO GIRL!
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Way to go! Great willpower!!:bigsmile:
  • Darn right this is a huge accomplishment! It is each of those little bites, licks, slurps, sips, nibbles that put us where we're at -- over our ideal healthy weight. I applaud your acknowledgement of the fact that you were about to engage in emotional eating and changed your course. Way to go! You inspired me tonight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!