My Feline Pal

BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Hello humans, my name is Harley Quinn and I've joined MFP along with my new human to lose weight.

My previous owner was a young girl who loved me a little too much and spoiled me rotten, carrying me everywhere and feeding me whenever I was just trying to have a chat. Now she's had to go abroad and it wasn't until my new owner struggled to get me into and out of the cat carrier that I realised maybe the old girth had got wider than the whiskers, if you know what I mean!

I get exhausted just trotting from one end of my new home to the other and have to stop for a little lie-down. I can't quite make the jump from floor to lap without a little human help.

I'm trying to reach my goals through carefully measured portion sizes of regular, healthy food and exercise that I love, such as chasing catnip mice tied to a ribbon. At nine years old, I'm middle aged so it's not so easy as it once was.

I'm hoping to get as lithe as my adopted brother Taffy, who seems to be able to eat what he wants and stay skinny. Mind you, he gets a lot of exercise constantly pacing the place and attempting MMA moves on me while I'm just trying to chill.

Here are my "before" photos so I can track my progress. My human's dad says I look like a teacosy! People can be so thoughtless.

Fatcat_zpsfd41e936.jpg

8a3433a3-e8c1-46e2-b965-7f7a9d17ac5a_zpsfa8b199c.jpg

If there are any other chubby MFPets trying to slim down, I'd love to meet you!

Harley x

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    This has got to be the cutest funniest post Ive seen in a while hehe.
    Very clever.

Good luck Harley and your human! :smile:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    :love: Has your huMum worked out your TDEE...?
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    We're not here to lose weight ourselves, but support you in your weight loss journey!
    57195019_1765.jpg
    Our adopted mom is the one trying to lose. She looks kinda round like you but human sized.
  • BerryH
    We're not here to lose weight ourselves, but support you in your weight loss journey!
    57195019_1765.jpg
    Our adopted mom is the one trying to lose. She looks kinda round like you but human sized.
    Adorable! If I could pull off that wide-eyed kitteny look I'm sure my owner wouldn't be able to resist my plaintive cries that my tummy's rumbling at all hours of day and night! :love:
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Awww this is so adorable!!
  • BerryH
    My owner tells me that her old cat used to do exercise DVDs with her. She was especially good at star jumps and yoga. I may have a go next time she works out at home.

Sit-ups could be a challenge, though - I have so much back fat I can't lie on my back just yet, I just topple over onto my side again! :blushing:

You want me to do what with the what now?
    Kettlebellcat_zps863d7bd5.jpg

Soon you could have a waist as slim as mine!
    Longcat_zps14091045.jpg

*unimpressed*
    primcat_zpsc64b6a66.jpg
  • TrevNiel22
    TrevNiel22 Posts: 182
    that's pretty crazy, amazing work.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    My my my, he has a stern face... is someone hangry? :flowerforyou:
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    I want to pick it up and squeeze it O_O
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    So cute! I have two cats - one is so skinny the vet says I have to leave food out all the time for him, but my girl is too fat and needs to lose weight.

This is not easy! I can't separate them...sigh.

The fat ones are fun to hug though!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    I have 2 girls also a Kiki was adopted recently and is a bit chubby and my Fudge who has been here for 8 years is skinny. Even though I leave the food out, Kiki has lost weight. Of course part of that is Fudge chasing her, poor Kiki hates it, and runs for the high ground. Its really funny.

FYI, cats can have girl fights too. They slap at each other like 2 girls fighting then they both run away in opposite directions. 2 wimps I have, LOL.
  • Quote: "Here are my "before" photos so I can track my progress. My human's dad says I look like a teacosy! People can be so thoughtless."

I feel your pain...
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Jesus christ talking cats.

scared.png
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Hello humans, my name is Harley Quinn and I've joined MFP along with my new human to lose weight.
    Harley x

OMG!!! My cat's name is Harley Quinn as well! :D but her colors are opposite yours! Shes black with a touch of white!

You can do it!!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    You go kitty!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Cats are not allowed on MFP due to terms of service. Animals can not legally enter into a contract. reported.

ELIGIBILITY
    BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is void where prohibited.

Here is a cat gif for you Cheers, god bless. :flowerforyou: :
    0PxKfmd.gif
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Laser Pointer. Best cat exercise ever. My sister let her cat get really fat. Restricted his food intake, got him to play some more and he slimmed way down..
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    images18.jpg
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Ours all live outside and are extremely fat this winter but they're already slimming down, except for the one that lives in my neighbor's barn. He's been giving her extra food on top of what she catches in there and what she eats over here. She was so fat this winter it was comical. He must have good food as all the other cats go over there now during the day too for food and cuddles.