Does anyone else replace binging with pinterest?

2»

Replies

• Mistyvs
    Mistyvs Posts: 56 Member
    YES!! But mine isn't recipes, mine is fitness and motivational posters! It's actually kind of why I'm here right now :)
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    totally
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    I am a MAJOR Pinterest addict! I am nearing 10,000 pins and that's AFTER I just deleted my desserts board and some other random boards. Buy I've always been like that... Although if I'm not careful it makes me WANT to binge!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    I've got low cal boards and low carb boards and fitness and inspiration boards... It helps keep me on track
  • caellen518
    caellen518 Posts: 14 Member
    I was actually doing this tonight. I had a super intense craving for chocolate, so I grabbed some Jello and started looking up Pinterest dessert recipes instead.

I actually have become ridiculous obsessed with both reading and social media since quitting smoking, and now adding dieting to it has sent me over the edge in constantly needing to feel occupied. I'm trying to turn that focus to fitness instead but, baby steps!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Yes...I am soooooooooooooooo guilty of this...I pin a bunch of fattening crap that I don't intend to make...i am pathetic...lol
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Yes...I am soooooooooooooooo guilty of this...I pin a bunch of fattening crap that I don't intend to make...i am pathetic...lol

I literally have a board specifically for stuff I will never make, unless I'm 100% sure someone ELSE will eat it x3
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    Oh Im obsessed with Pinterest recipes. Its my way of dealing with cravings- better to just look than eat it!

On the other hand, Ive found many great recipes there.

I'm not alone! :D
    That makes me feel less crazy, yay.
    less crazy yet because I do it too. Same as the OP I never really thought of it that way but it's as if it's a fix just to pin the cookies or whatever it is ...like I'm now satisfied as if I ate them or something. It's weird thinking of it like that but hey whatever works right?! Works even better when the ingredients aren't in the house:tongue:

That IS crazy how so many of us do that... again, never gave it much thought until the topic was brought up. I mostly have healthier versions of things but even browsing the less than healthy on others boards kicks the craving.

:wink: Funny stuff, our minds! :drinker:
    Don't know about that! Pretty good way to do it if it's working... not pathetic at all.:drinker:
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    I just recently joined pinterest, and I can totally understand how it would help curb cravings (or distract you until they go away lol). I do pin recipes but I mostly use it for workout ideas and motivation. Although my original goal was to pin outfits I want to get my hands on when I've lost the rest of the weight. I'm officially hooked!
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Hi, I'd never used pintrest until I saw your post, So, I signed up, and yes, I can see how it would be addictive. I'm loving it so far!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Hi, I'd never used pintrest until I saw your post, So, I signed up, and yes, I can see how it would be addictive. I'm loving it so far!

Oh no! I've created a monster! :P
    (I'm glad you love it)
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    I replace sleep with pinterest.. lol!
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Feel free to add me on pintrest as I have no idea how to! jen owen
  • stillwatergirl
    stillwatergirl Posts: 44 Member
    i am a pinterest addict, so yes! my aunt tells me it is really just electronic hoarding, lol.
  • ellenmg
    ellenmg Posts: 26 Member
    I haven't, but it sounds like a great idea!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Yup! Everyday. I love pinning *kitten* that I'll never make, wear, or buy. Good times.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    YES!! But mine isn't recipes, mine is fitness and motivational posters! It's actually kind of why I'm here right now :)

Ditto. Pinterest has the best motivational pins.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I love Pinterest. I could easily kill an hour there if I don't watch the clock. I started with no followers then people starting coming out of the woodwork to follow me. Guess it's that old "if you build it they will come"..:laugh: