Daily Dose of Bad *kitten* Motivation - with Tons of Pics

Replies

• dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    (....also.....love the avatar)

Hehe, I eat ice cream almost every day and when people look at me because I am supposed to be on a "diet" I wish I could say to them what my avatar is saying :)

Thank you all for the kind words and feedback. I hope this will keep some of you motivated to stick with your plans, no matter if you just started out and have a huge amount to lose and feel that it's so far out of reach or you are in the final stretch and needed that last push!
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    I saw your face pictures yesterday and thought you were great, but now seeing the rest of you and hearing about your running journey, you're phenomenal. I just started the c25k , I am 2 weeks into it. Maybe one day I can be where you're at! Thanks for sharing!
  • DitchThis
    DitchThis Posts: 24 Member
    Awesome! You look great!
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Wow! That's really very inspiring and something a lot of us can look up to!

Just a question: what kind of lifting did you start off with? Or what would you recommend to us who have never done lifting before?
  • dschassie
    Wow! That's really very inspiring and something a lot of us can look up to!

Just a question: what kind of lifting did you start off with? Or what would you recommend to us who have never done lifting before?

I just completed Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit program from bodybuilding.com. I loved it because it has a mobile app that I can have with me at the gym that shows me which exercises to do and even has short videos showing exactly how to do each exercise if you are unsure. You also log how many pounds you are lifting so it keeps track of your progress which I found extremely motivating. The program is very suitable for beginners as the first few weeks ease you into the world of lifting and you can start with light weights if you like. I highly recommend it. Am about to start the program over (slightly customized to work my butt a bit more, hihi) and this time I plan on following the nutrition plan that Jamie Eason created for it.
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Wow you look amazing. Thanks for sharing you are an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Wonderfully motivating! Thanks!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Amazing!!
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    You look amazing! Thank you for sharing.
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    You're kind of amazing.

And by "kind of" I mean OMG WHAT AN INSPIRATION amazing. :)
  • tterry76
    tterry76 Posts: 13
    You look AWESOME!!!! the pictures look like 2 completely different people. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • smzande
    smzande Posts: 160 Member
    Thanks for the great motivational pics! You look a-m-a-z-I-n-g!!!! And best of all, you didn't post gross underwear pics of yourself to prove it. Ha!
  • holleysgirl
    holleysgirl Posts: 12 Member
    SHUT UP! U are an amazing inspiration to me. I have been off and on the weight loss wagon for quite some time now, and have not been as inspired as I am right this minute...not once!

Thank you for giving me the juice to keep moving....hopefully one day I will be posting my victory pictures just like yours :)

Way to go! :drinker:
  • dschassie
    Thanks for the great motivational pics! You look a-m-a-z-I-n-g!!!! And best of all, you didn't post gross underwear pics of yourself to prove it. Ha!

Uhm, I have some of those gross underwear pics but decided this post wasn't the place for them :) I post those kinda pictures in the forums posts that are asking about lose skin and saggy boobs - hahaha!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    AMAZING! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    This is what I needed!

You are amazing, your confidence definitely shows through in your now pictures. That is probably the best feeling in the world.

Thanks again!
  • Lmans77
    Lmans77 Posts: 58 Member
    You look amazing. You have a perfect hourglass now. I don't mean this to sound wierd or creepy, but I'm envious of your boobs. I wish I had boobs. sigh.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Although I am not quite where I’d like to be, I felt today was a good day to get someone motivated. So here it goes:

In the beginning of my journey, I did about 40 minutes of cardio (elliptical) 4-5 times a week. After losing the first 30 pounds I started the "Couch to 5K" program.

I successfully finished "Couch-to-5K" and ended it with a real 5K race. Within that same time frame I hit the 60 pound loss mark and I decided to switch up my gym routine. I added "light to moderate" weight lifting 5 times a week and on 3 of those days I also did cardio (jogging).

I was part of a 200 mile relay race in April 2013 and have since completed my first Half Marathon in June of 2013. Spring of 2014, I am signed up for a 15K Double Bridge Run, a 10K Trail Run and 2 Half Marathons. In the fall of 2014, I have another 200 mile relay race coming up and I'd like to run my first Full Marathon.

Here are some progression pictures, the ones on the right are all from the November/December 2013.

Slide8_zps01f2acd5.jpg

Slide7_zps6acf9bda.jpg

ef7b410a-8baa-4bc8-9561-847880d99f5c_zps4c0c7694.jpg

Face Comparison
    bb11f21e-9285-4947-996a-458f49191f61_zpsa3420842.jpg

Arm Comparison
    Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

Being on MFP for so long, you learn a lot of things along the way, the most recent revelation has been "heavy lifting". So my gym routine has shifted once more, end of December 2013 I started going to the gym 6 days a week for about 45-60 minutes of heavy lifting and my cardio (jogging) is down to about once or twice a week. Of course I still plan to do all of my races :)

Another focus shift has been my body fat percentage. Of course I'd like the scale to keep moving down but more importantly, I am now working on dropping my body fat. This has also prompted me to change my diary settings. In the past I was more concerned about staying at my daily calorie goal, now I pay attention to my macros.
    I just finished my first 12-week weightlifting program and am about to start it over, this time following the nutrition plan that comes with it. So hopefully I will be able to post new pictures in another 3 months.

Thank you MFP buddies for all of the support!

wow !!!!! such an inspiration !!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Wow I agree with everyone else you are such an inspiration!!! Amazing job!
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Congrats! I just started a C25K and I am only on run 2 but loving it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!